Coca Cola Machines

I used to have 45 Mars M&M machines on locations 5 years ago, and I am back into vending with currently 20 machines which

are soda and snack (its new to me).

My question is: I know a vitamin store that is closing and he has the coca cola soda machine (with the label on the machine stating

the coca cola bottling owns the machine). The guy says it is his.

Is it possible to buy it?

Any respond will be appreciated.

I used to have 45 Mars M&M machines on locations 5 years ago, and I am back into vending with currently 20 machines which

are soda and snack (its new to me).

My question is: I know a vitamin store that is closing and he has the coca cola soda machine (with the label on the machine stating

the coca cola bottling owns the machine). The guy says it is his.

Is it possible to buy it?

Any respond will be appreciated.

well,maybe...

pay cash ,dont leave ur name or number ;)

I just want to make sure. Is there a Coke Machine that is not sold in the market and its exclusive to coke bottling company?

And, Can I just put any type of drinks in there?

All coke machines are exclusive to coke bottling. Coke does not sell old assets like Pepsi does. There is no legitimate way to have a Coke machine that I know of. With that said, I see them for sale on Craigs List every so often. I would not buy a machine that still had an asset tag on it. I would at least call coke and check (with the current owners permission). They can tell by the asset number.

JD

I just want to make sure. Is there a Coke Machine that is not sold in the market and its exclusive to coke bottling company?

And, Can I just put any type of drinks in there?

This machine is likely a loaner or lease. It is owned by the local bottler, especially if it still has the sticker on it saying it is owned by Coke. Personally I would not buy it for that reason. It is not his to sell. That being said, it is well known that Coke does a horrible job of keeping track of their equipment. Do what you want but if you do take it you will own it and any potential headache that comes with it.

Just because a machine has a Coke or Pepsi logo does not mean that it must have Coke products exclusively, unless of course you are leasing the equipment from the bottler.

This machine is likely a loaner or lease. It is owned by the local bottler, especially if it still has the sticker on it saying it is owned by Coke. Personally I would not buy it for that reason. It is not his to sell. That being said, it is well known that Coke does a horrible job of keeping track of their equipment. Do what you want but if you do take it you will own it and any potential headache that comes with it.

Just because a machine has a Coke or Pepsi logo does not mean that it must have Coke products exclusively, unless of course you are leasing the equipment from the bottler.

Thanks for your reply, any other inputs?

I agree with Dogcow. Cash, load don;t look back. There has to be some way that these machines hit the market other than like this, I have one, Global has all kinds they are selling with Pepsi and Coke models, I will be purchasing a 7up machine if all goes right this week, and another Coke machine as well.

If it weren`t so sad it would be funny. We see on a pretty regular basis dicussions about how difficult it is to deal the bottlers. Why do you think this is so?

Its because they have learned over the years that small vendors go out of business and in many cases the assets "disappear". Well someone has to pay for replacing these assets and guess what guys its us.

We pay in higher pricing, lower quality equipment available to us as a lease, higher minimums and even refusal to do business with if have not been in business for some period of time.

The guy selling this machine has no right to do so, if you choose to buy it you are essentially participating in theft. The chances are very good you will never get caught.

So the bottom line is do you have the INTEGRITY to walk away from a deal you know is bad?

The guy selling this machine has no right to do so, if you choose to buy it you are essentially participating in theft. The chances are very good you will never get caught.

So the bottom line is do you have the INTEGRITY to walk away from a deal you know is bad?

Well said! Its a constant fight to get away from the "its a cash business (wink wink)", "ohh you own a vending business, how cute" attitude that goes with vending and be taken seriously. No serious business would consider jeopardizing its success wading in muddy waters (unless your a banker or politician ;) What is the price difference between this machine and a comparable used machine? $100-200? Like mission said the chance of any trouble are probably 1% or less, but is it really worth the difference?

JD

I would at least call coke and check (with the current owners permission). They can tell by the asset number.

JD

Also have the serial number of the machine. When I called coke to check on a possible machine for sale, based on the asset number, it was supposed to be at a business over 240miles away, then I gave them the machine serial number and it wasn't on file.

From time to time Coke does reassign asset numbers.

Also have the serial number of the machine. When I called coke to check on a possible machine for sale, based on the asset number, it was supposed to be at a business over 240miles away, then I gave them the machine serial number and it wasn't on file.

From time to time Coke does reassign asset numbers.

Yes, I will call coke and see if they have anything on file.

Archived