Hershey's announces price increase

HERSHEY, PA -- Hershey announced a 9.7% wholesale price increase on most of its candy products, effective immediately.

The maker of Reese's, Kit Kat and Twizzlers said the price hike for the company's instant consumable, multi-pack, packaged candy and grocery lines will help offset rising raw material, fuel and transportation costs.

The company affirmed its financial outlook for 2011 of earnings a share in the range of $2.54 to $2.63 per share. Hershey said it expects the majority of the financial benefit from the price increase to impact earnings in 2012.

9.7%?, that's pretty significant, hope that's all the price raising they do this year.

The company affirmed its financial outlook for 2011 of earnings a share in the range of $2.54 to $2.63 per share. Hershey said it expects the majority of the financial benefit from the price increase to impact earnings in 2012.

9.7%?, that's pretty significant, hope that's all the price raising they do this year.

Since mfg use a markup, and most distributors, and retailers operate on GM% as their guage for pricing, we should expect to see around an 11% increase unless they are willing to take a slight margin hit. That sucks. Guess candy bars will be going to .95 sooner than I planned in the machines.

Since mfg use a markup, and most distributors, and retailers operate on GM% as their guage for pricing, we should expect to see around an 11% increase unless they are willing to take a slight margin hit. That sucks. Guess candy bars will be going to .95 sooner than I planned in the machines.

Around here it seems that Hershey's products are generally a penny or so per unit more than M&M's brand. So I don't sell very much of their stuff unless a customer requests it. I have not seen anything about M&M's raising their prices........yet.

Around here it seems that Hershey's products are generally a penny or so per unit more than M&M's brand. So I don't sell very much of their stuff unless a customer requests it. I have not seen anything about M&M's raising their prices........yet.

I vend bulk out of my full line locations and PMM, and MM are a staple, so I don't put them in the snack machines. But I have had requests for reece cups, kit kat, hershey plain, hershey almond, so I've had to use them.

Archived