Setting down Rules on a location

spdydre

Ok I have been having some serious issues with one of my locations with employees and now a manager trying to move my machines on his own without the GMs consent because he think he owns the business himself. I reported all incidents to the CEO and they were taken care of and some employees got fired but it seems as if alot of these employees have been at the business for a long time and think they can just do and say whatever they want. Has anyone had these issues an decided to give a written set of rules to the owner or gm of the business? What type of rules should I set in regards to moving equipment etc? I really think I am going to have to set down some rules because these people have no respect at all for the vendor at the site and it is getting out of hand really fast

I think first and foremost would be attempting to access or move your machines. Disrespect and or ignorance will end up getting themselves hurt. I bought couple machines yesterday, and really had no clue they were going to be as heavy as they are, and I own several others. You get some knucklehead who decides to try to move your machine, and wam, loses control of it, now not only is your machine damaged and or destroyed, but what condition are they in.

The 440 I picked up yesterday for example is a total beast. If it wasn't for the equipment I have I do not know how we would have handled it. I looked it up on the net last night and that thing weighs 650 plus. Imagine that coming down on some fool who felt he needed to move it. Even the 276 E I picked up. My son and I were unloading it from the truck and I ended up with it on my leg for a second. Even expecting it, it sure as he&& opened my eyes really fast, and shocked my son. That alone has got to be 500 plus and obviously both are empty.

Now the snack machines, factor in the glass and the severe lacerations if not amputations that could/would be an end result of the glass breaking and coming down on them.

Even if the machine didn't fall or get damaged, you now have some idiot who has a back blown out or hernia or ruptured disc because the just tried to move one. You know that they are going to look at you even though in no way shape or form should they have considered moving or trying to move your machines.

Then consider all the electronics within, the cost of repairing or replacing let alone down time, lost revenue.

Now consider they don't get hurt, the machines don't get hurt, what about the location. Has any damage been done to the floor, walls, ceiling etc.

Ok I have been having some serious issues with one of my locations with employees and now a manager trying to move my machines on his own without the GMs consent because he think he owns the business himself. I reported all incidents to the CEO and they were taken care of and some employees got fired but it seems as if alot of these employees have been at the business for a long time and think they can just do and say whatever they want. Has anyone had these issues an decided to give a written set of rules to the owner or gm of the business? What type of rules should I set in regards to moving equipment etc? I really think I am going to have to set down some rules because these people have no respect at all for the vendor at the site and it is getting out of hand really fast

Did they move the machines a few feet to buff the floors, or did they move them to another room because they thought they would be better there? I'm not sure how good of an account this is for you, not everyone is your customer. It sounds like they have some leadership issues and the vending guys not going to fix it.

JD

Did they move the machines a few feet to buff the floors, or did they move them to another room because they thought they would be better there? I'm not sure how good of an account this is for you, not everyone is your customer. It sounds like they have some leadership issues and the vending guys not going to fix it.

JD

I would tend to agree here. If the machines were moved around to do some work its one thing, if they were moved for the sake of moving them its another.

If its the latter then this is an issue that you have and need to continue to report to senior management and ownership. Give them some more opportunity to deal with it, if it does not get resolved to your satifaction then I guess its time to decide if you want to continue to deal with it or seek another solution. One suggestion would be to, with management approval, secure the machines to the wall.

No its a large acocunt and this is just one area. He just wants to move it because he doesnt want the machines there but he is not in charge of the vending. He hasnt moved anything yet but he said if I dont move them then he will so I am sending this up to the GM to handle once again. The thing is the location is very large so the GM doesnt see everything that is going on just what is reported to him. The other thing is that these are Coke owned equipment also besides the snack machine

No its a large acocunt and this is just one area. He just wants to move it because he doesnt want the machines there but he is not in charge of the vending. He hasnt moved anything yet but he said if I dont move them then he will so I am sending this up to the GM to handle once again. The thing is the location is very large so the GM doesnt see everything that is going on just what is reported to him. The other thing is that these are Coke owned equipment also besides the snack machine

If that's the case then keep going over his head. Until then, if he says anything politely remind him that he will be held liable for any damages and that you won't be responsible for any damages to floors and walls caused by him. It's kind of a tighrope you will have to walk here, he doesn't have authority, yet you also don't him PO'd so that he tries to cause more trouble for you.

Have you considered installing any type of a camera or alarm system on your machines? The alarm system if the guy did start to try to move them would or should activate than the camera would also take a picture of him doing such, to atleast attempting to.

I would still have the same concerns I mentioned above. Might be worth also contacting you attorney and explaining everything to him/her also.

Has the GM been responsive previously? This guy sound s like he has a bit of an ego problem so to speak = "move them or I will." Wow.

Mission as usual is right on target, this is a damn if you do damn if you don;t by the sounds of it.

No need to get attorneys involved, was too much of an escalation.

I think I would handle it like this:

Go to the head dude, or dudette :rolleyes:, and mention again that PIB (pain in the butt :rolleyes: ) wants you to move the machines. When you see PIB tell him that you would like to sit down with him and head dude togethger for a minute to get on the same page about IF and where machines might be moved if needed. So that way IF they get moved its only once. Be sure to mention that it is absoultely no fun to move 1000lb machines around for kicks .

Archived