The "Vending Big Guy" Compilation

Guest Vending Big guy

Guest Vending Big guy

If you bought some ebay machines and they only have 1 key, how do you make duplicates? The reason i ask is because lots of lock places say they can't copy it. any suggestions? what happens if you lose your only key?

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Vending Big guy

Let's say you sold them on charity and all that. You are actually promoting one. Well what happened was the managers kept telling me I'm gonna make money. Am i supposed to say great? Or am i supposed to say oh no no, it's for a good cause. This was actually at a bar so I don't even think they remember the charity thing. Lots of drunks at that place. But they eat candy like crazy for some reason. Anyone ever get a spot where everyone calls them candy man and wants to ask them a million questions? I wasn't quite sure how to answer.

Guest Vending Big guy

well the thing is i already bought machines from them. So they know what my code really is, you know? I don't want them to catch on, that wouldn't be good.

Guest Vending Big guy

In this economy you never know what will happen. But for those of you that have tons of machines do you ever worry what you will do if your main supplier goes out? The reason is because every now and then you may need some missing parts. And if they go out, then you would have to rely on ebay. Do any of you ever think of this possibility?

Guest Vending Big guy

I'm actually new. I have been looking into vending for a long time. I finally got 10 machines (good quality) and put them all out in decent spots about 10 days ago or so. So i don't need to locate as of now. But when i go to service them, what should i expect as far as my entrance? One of the car places that I placed them was super excited and they called me candy man atleast 10 times. Now if i go into one of the other spots and they forgot who I am do i have to tell them im the vending guy or do i just walk right up to the machine and start servicing? You know some of these people see 100 people a day so they might not remember me. A lot of times when you walk into a shop, workers start asking how can i help you? Do you just say Im the vending guy? Im just thinking this may be a little awkward if this is something that happens. At one of the spots, they act like my buddies. Do you think they will start giving me lots of attention especially when im putting the money away? I have not serviced or went back yet, so that is why Im asking you guys how you go about doing this. I have one of my machines at a pizza parlor but the manager knows me very well so she doesn't care, she already knows. Also, how do you normally dress?

Guest Vending Big guy

I actually have an odd story. 2 of the machines i have placed because i know the managers. But I got rejected 2 times before that even though the managers had agreed earlier. I came dressed in a collar shirt, belt, and black pants. The manager said he expected the u turn to be smaller. However, I have 8 other spots where I brought a guy along with me. The guy speaks well is about 45 and he was dressed like he just got done painting. He would say, im here to drop of the st judes machines, etc, etc.... And he never got rejected once. They loved him. He is a good talker. Typical truck driver/ motorcycle kinda guy. He seemed like he really did work for some vending company. Even flirted with a couple of the lady managers and made them crack up before he knew they were the managers. They flirted back at him. They all just love him. Im there thinking I dress sometims in a suit and tie and can't get a spot to save my life while this guy is dressed in paint suits or dirty jeans. This guy makes everyone love him instantly, even the managers dogs. Now Im starting to wonder if i should dress like that. Sometimes when I dress too professional I don't feel like myself. I just thought that's how you keep it real in business.

I actually have an odd story. 2 of the machines i have placed because i know the managers. But I got rejected 2 times before that even though the managers had agreed earlier. I came dressed in a collar shirt, belt, and black pants. The manager said he expected the u turn to be smaller. However, I have 8 other spots where I brought a guy along with me. The guy speaks well is about 45 and he was dressed like he just got done painting. He would say, im here to drop of the st judes machines, etc, etc.... And he never got rejected once. They loved him. He is a good talker. Typical truck driver/ motorcycle kinda guy. He seemed like he really did work for some vending company. Even flirted with a couple of the lady managers and made them crack up before he knew they were the managers. They flirted back at him. They all just love him. Im there thinking I dress sometims in a suit and tie and can't get a spot to save my life while this guy is dressed in paint suits or dirty jeans. This guy makes everyone love him instantly, even the managers dogs. Now Im starting to wonder if i should dress like that. Sometimes when I dress too professional I don't feel like myself. I just thought that's how you keep it real in business.

It is sometimes best to dress in whatever you feel the most confident in. If you feel out of place being too dressed up, you will more than likley be nervous. You do need to keep up a good image however you do it. Some people are just liked and loved by all no matter how they act or dress. I had a guy working for me once that was dressed like the biker type of guy, long hair, etc, but once he started talking he could sell anything. He just had that gift. Just keep practicing and once you gain confidence in yourself and what you are doing, there will be no problems.

I'm actually new. I have been looking into vending for a long time. I finally got 10 machines (good quality) and put them all out in decent spots about 10 days ago or so. So i don't need to locate as of now. But when i go to service them, what should i expect as far as my entrance? One of the car places that I placed them was super excited and they called me candy man atleast 10 times. Now if i go into one of the other spots and they forgot who I am do i have to tell them im the vending guy or do i just walk right up to the machine and start servicing? You know some of these people see 100 people a day so they might not remember me. A lot of times when you walk into a shop, workers start asking how can i help you? Do you just say Im the vending guy? Im just thinking this may be a little awkward if this is something that happens. At one of the spots, they act like my buddies. Do you think they will start giving me lots of attention especially when im putting the money away? I have not serviced or went back yet, so that is why Im asking you guys how you go about doing this. I have one of my machines at a pizza parlor but the manager knows me very well so she doesn't care, she already knows. Also, how do you normally dress?

My plan is to always be wearing a shirt or jacket with my vending business logo on it. I also plan to try and speak with someone and be sure there have been no problems or issues with my machine and always ask to please call if anything ever does become an issue, as I can make a service call and get things corrected, as I don't want to casue anyone any grief. I would make a point to talk to someone each and every time I service a machine, so they get to know you and you them. Also make a point of telling them you are the only one that will be servicing the machine, so they know something is up if they see someone else doing something. Be polite and friendly and don't be afraid of questions. There is nothing wrong with making money!!

In this economy you never know what will happen. But for those of you that have tons of machines do you ever worry what you will do if your main supplier goes out? The reason is because every now and then you may need some missing parts. And if they go out, then you would have to rely on ebay. Do any of you ever think of this possibility?

It is always a possibility, but if you have quality machines that are popular there should always be a source for parts be it another supplier, the classifieds here, or on ebay.

Let's say you sold them on charity and all that. You are actually promoting one. Well what happened was the managers kept telling me I'm gonna make money. Am i supposed to say great? Or am i supposed to say oh no no, it's for a good cause. This was actually at a bar so I don't even think they remember the charity thing.

I don't get "candy man" since I mostly do toys, but I have had on occasion someone bring up the money thing at a charity. Sometimes it puts me back but if I'm thinking I say something like "It's all for a good cause." Seems to sound good and they smile.

Let's say you sold them on charity and all that. You are actually promoting one. Well what happened was the managers kept telling me I'm gonna make money. Am i supposed to say great? Or am i supposed to say oh no no, it's for a good cause. This was actually at a bar so I don't even think they remember the charity thing. Lots of drunks at that place. But they eat candy like crazy for some reason. Anyone ever get a spot where everyone calls them candy man and wants to ask them a million questions? I wasn't quite sure how to answer.

I would not lie unless you lied about all of the money going to charity to get the location. Just answer the questions and don't volunteer too much. Anybody with any common sense knows you have to make money to be in business, so I would say the quarters are not a lot of money, but over the coarse of a year and with a lot of work it can add up. Tell them you are tring to expand your business and hope to make enough to buy a few more machines this year.

Guest Vending Big guy

huh.gif HUH? What would they be catching onto?

That you want keys that are not your natural number

Guest Vending Big guy

My plan is to always be wearing a shirt or jacket with my vending business logo on it. I also plan to try and speak with someone and be sure there have been no problems or issues with my machine and always ask to please call if anything ever does become an issue, as I can make a service call and get things corrected, as I don't want to casue anyone any grief. I would make a point to talk to someone each and every time I service a machine, so they get to know you and you them. Also make a point of telling them you are the only one that will be servicing the machine, so they know something is up if they see someone else doing something. Be polite and friendly and don't be afraid of questions. There is nothing wrong with making money!!

well there is something wrong with making money when your promoting a charity.

Guest Vending Big guy

Because they make less money then. Of course that could be an issue.

Because they make less money then. Of course that could be an issue.

Guest Vending Big guy

Oh boy. Here comes another multi-page powder keg.

Popcorn anyone? grin.gif

Im not here for controversy. I am really into vending now and want support for my questions.

Guest Vending Big guy

They make money by selling parts. But when they find out it's another machine you have, they may be upset that they aren't gonna make as much. It's almost like you stabbed them in the back you know? They make a lot more on the new machines than parts for another machine. I mean imagine i see a u turn and i call up the headquarters and tell them it's number .... and then they can give me the key for someone else's machine.

Do you honestly feel that it is wrong for a business to make money when they also support a charity? I support a charity in my personal life but still have to make money to pay my bills. Do you think there is anything wrong with that?

Many businesses that are NOT charities, support charities. That doesn't make them "THE" charity and morally restricted from turning a profit.

Wal Mart donates tons of money each year to various charities yet they still make money. Is that wrong? No. So why would it be wrong for a vending operator to make money while supporting a charity?

Guest Vending Big guy

So going on your logic, I guess Chevrolet would have a problem when I call them to get a part for a Chevy I recently bought from my neighbor?

Well imagine i call them up and say im only gonna by machines i see from others on ebay. So i wont be buying machines from you anymore.

Whenever I have a location chat with me about "so how much money do these things make?" I usually respond with "A single location does not make much. It's all about massive scale, and once I have about 200 locations I'll be fairly happy." Keep it vague.

You really don't want to lose a location to the location owner, or one of his employees.

Archived