Less then prepared

mainor5251

Went to place a couple machines and do some servicing today. Well things did not go exactly as planned. The first issue was I noticed I did not bring enough .50 mechs along so I could upgrade some more locations. The second issue was I ran out of runts in the middle of the day. Third, forgot my wallet at home. Only ended up servicing 4 locations and got 1 new machine placed, but had some good pulls. Average $47 a location, not bad for triples. I will spend more time in the future planning my service days to ensure I got everything I need. Gonna order 3 cases of runts tonight. The best way to avoid not having the equipment or parts I need is gonna be getting a work van just for vending, gonna have to wait till next year though. But will definitely start keeping more product on hand.

A Ford Ranger is not a good choice for this business, even with a tool box for storage. <_<

Momma said their would be days like that, she just didnt' say their would be so damn many! I also have ran off and left my wallet...it sucks.

I live about 40 minutes from where I do most of my business, so forgetting something is a pain in the arse!

I live about 40 minutes from where I do most of my business, so forgetting something is a pain in the arse!

wait till you get my age, I have forgotten my wallet, cell phone, route book and enough supplies all in one day! Thank god for my gps or I might not have remembered how to get home! shocked.gif A mind is a terrible thing to lose! who's there? come in!

I will never forget the time I was in bulk vending (the first time around) I was roughly 50 miles from home servicing my route, I filled the car up with $42 worth of fuel only to realize I didn't have my wallet with me! :huh: To say the least, the young clerk was not happy about counting $42 worth of quarters!

Guess it was a good thing I serviced a couple locations before I fueled up. :lol:

I will never forget the time I was in bulk vending (the first time around) I was roughly 50 miles from home servicing my route, I filled the car up with $42 worth of fuel only to realize I didn't have my wallet with me! :huh: To say the least, the young clerk was not happy about counting $42 worth of quarters!

Guess it was a good thing I serviced a couple locations before I fueled up. :lol:

I was that far away the other day and had everything i needed..... except keys for the machine :(

• 5 months later...

Went to place a couple machines and do some servicing today. Well things did not go exactly as planned. The first issue was I noticed I did not bring enough .50 mechs along so I could upgrade some more locations. The second issue was I ran out of runts in the middle of the day. Third, forgot my wallet at home. Only ended up servicing 4 locations and got 1 new machine placed, but had some good pulls. Average $47 a location, not bad for triples. I will spend more time in the future planning my service days to ensure I got everything I need. Gonna order 3 cases of runts tonight. The best way to avoid not having the equipment or parts I need is gonna be getting a work van just for vending, gonna have to wait till next year though. But will definitely start keeping more product on hand.

A Ford Ranger is not a good choice for this business, even with a tool box for storage. dry.gif

I truly admire your determination. I have had similar lousy days. Customers just LOVE Pistachios. I have one location with a U-Turn 8-selection, and last time I picked-up exactly $79.75. And all this done in 1 month. It is a very, very small Mexican restaurant with a high volume of customers. I use 2 canisters of Pistachios because they go so quickly. I managed to install a SOLO CUP DISPENSER on this UTurn and observed that my revenues had increased by a large volume. The problem that I ran into was that this dispenser could only hold 200 or so cups and by the end of the second week all the cups were gone. One case of 200 cups would cost me $5 so I decided to remove the dispenser for a while.If you plan on using a cup dispenser you may need to drill holes on your machine, though. HOWEVER, your overall sales is going to rise from $47. By the way, I personally use my 2005 Honda Civic for business, including moving machines from place to place. A Dodge Sprinter van is the ideal vehicle for this business. You can actually stand upright on the rear cargo hold area and even stand upright a soda machine. However, these Sprinters are a bit expensive, even the used ones.

Archived