mechanical snack machines

Is anyone useing them and how do they hold up?

i have only one it is a piece of junk and hard to change the prices. it only works in very low volume accounts basically ur better off with an honor box.

I looked at one somebody had for sale locally and decided against it when I discovered it would cost me more to buy the shims and spacers for the coin mechanisms to change the prices than it would to buy the machine. In addition to that, I searched around on here for posts about them and didn't find anything positive about them, only negative comments about how the coin mechanisms are prone to jamming. I also talked to one of the ladies at the hair salon where my wife goes that has one of these machines (a stacked soda/snack combo, actually) and she told me that everybody that works there hated those machines and they never used it.

I'm sure there are people out there making money with them, but unless the machine comes set up at the prices you want to vend at, you're going to have a pile of money invested into the machine just to get it set up the way you want it; and you'll have to dump another pile of money into it if you ever have to change prices in the future (food prices are on the rise).

Hope this helps. My advice is do what I did, stay away from it.

I looked at one somebody had for sale locally and decided against it when I discovered it would cost me more to buy the shims and spacers for the coin mechanisms to change the prices than it would to buy the machine. In addition to that, I searched around on here for posts about them and didn't find anything positive about them, only negative comments about how the coin mechanisms are prone to jamming. I also talked to one of the ladies at the hair salon where my wife goes that has one of these machines (a stacked soda/snack combo, actually) and she told me that everybody that works there hated those machines and they never used it.

I'm sure there are people out there making money with them, but unless the machine comes set up at the prices you want to vend at, you're going to have a pile of money invested into the machine just to get it set up the way you want it; and you'll have to dump another pile of money into it if you ever have to change prices in the future (food prices are on the rise).

Hope this helps. My advice is do what I did, stay away from it.

Helped tremendously. I'll stay away from them and try and get another ap or something. Thanks

Archived