Shootin Hoops Machine

Thrifty

Guys, tomorrow I have a chance at getting two shootin hoops machines. Did some reading on it.

Tell me, are these things really as good as people say? Are they still making lots of quarters

for you people?

To get or not to get?

$35 is a GREAT price dpvnc.

Kelly, those you paid $90-$175 for --- were they already on location or was that just for the machines?

What is a fair price?

I know I can't expect to find any for as great a price as $35.

This was just for machine. My first 5 I bought were $600.00 for 5 plus had to drive 2 hrs to pick up. The next group was $1100.00 for 13 had to drive 4 hrs to pick up.. One I bought for $90.00 off craigslist near a route of mine. The other 3 I bought from a member and those were the most expensive as they included shipping charges

I average about $50.00/month on all these combined. What you are willing to pay is up to you, if you have a killer location these will rock, but I have seen them on craigslist and ebay with prices that were all over the board.They are getting harder and harder to come by so that makes the value increase IMO. So if you can get one for under $200.00 I would do it.

Kelly! If your vending only gumballs out of your 22 Hoops machine your doing GREAT!!!! I have been looking for these machines for a couple months now as well because they promote a very high profit margin item (gumballs).

These machines still rock! Buying them for under $70 is a steal! $90 to $120 is a more realistic price if the seller is educated about that machine. And yes, they are harder to find so you have to act quickly when they become available. I had my best pickup ever in a hoops machine just last month - $250 in a 60 day cycle with the super balls being restocked every 30 days. Even I could not believe it, but the coin scale doesn’t lie. I have to visit this location every 30 days to make sure nothing sells out (but I only handle the coins on the 60 day cycle). Wish I could get about 10 more of those types of locations! Of course this is not a normal pickup at every spot. But super balls in a hoops machine has been one of the greatest "discoveries" I ever accidentally stumbled on. So I say, "Get 'em when ever you can"!

I have been looking for shootin hoops machines for several months and cannot find any, I will buy one when I do. This type (interactive) vending machine is perfect for bulk vendors, it encourages the user to play more than once, thus making the quarters add up.

Another style interactive vending machine is the pinball/gumball machine, Sports blaster is one model that is popular. I bought a used one for 125.00 about 2 months ago and so far it is averaging 100.00 a month, I vend the 27mm bb's because my location doesnt allow gumballs.

If you have the chance to buy either of these machines at a good price I would jump on it, you will not regret it.

Kelly way to go on your purchases, Im sure you have no regrets. Thrifty buy them, they will be good money makers for you!

Thanks for all the replies. Bought them both an hour ago for 225. They look like fine quality. Now I want to go play with them!

BTW, Should one stock them with gumballs or bouncy balls?

Oh, and that 35 per machine price is CRAZY. You robbed them!

I see one on ebay for about 300.

• 4 weeks later...

I thought I scored one of these today, then somebody blew me outlipsrsealed.gif. Prolly somebody big on here like Jax or Kelly. I'll keep trying........

No, not me either! That $187 price is out of my range as well!

Who ever got that thing OVERPAID. Damn you whoever you are!

Maybe it was VBG, lewis or some other prankster who just wanted to aggravate you guys some more!

I was interested until I heard the company that made them went out of business and there would be no parts availability.

Well the mech, hopper, wheel, globe, lid and lock are all Beaver parts. Only had a few vandalized the other plastic body parts or flipper. So if the price is right, I would still get them.

• 2 weeks later...

I have 22 on location and the only part ever to break so far (knock on wood) is one flipper on one machine. I made one out of wood for a replacement if that ever happens again.

How did you make a flipper for it? I'm staring at it and can't even figure out where I would begin...

• 1 year later...

Watch your cost on those NW hoops.  I  would not pay more than $200 for any hoops machine.  Unless I thought I could get a kick-butt sports bar or sports themed type of location.

Archived