This is exactly the forum I needed to find.....

GV Vending

This forum is exactly what I needed. Hope all is well for everyone. I am from the Baltimore, MD area and am considering to invest on a touchscreen video game machine to place in a bar. Like most people I have many questions and dont really know anyone to ask.

Any advice or info provided will be greatly appreciate. So I want to thank you all in advance.

- Is there any particular model to consider purchasing?

- How much should I expect to earn in an average local bar? (Total / w/ split)

- Are contracts typically used between the operator and bar owner? If so, where can I get a commonly used copy?

- What is an average cost for repairs? and should I expect a lot of repairs?

- Any advice on how to get started?

- Do you provide your own insurance for your machine or is it covered under the bar/business owners insurance policy?

- Is a split with the owner always needed? if so, is it usually 50/50

Please note: I will be starting on a very small budget. I am considering buying one when I have found a home for it. Using my earnings to buy another and keep it growing as I progress.

I want to thank you all in advance for any advice/info provided.

Gino

• 2 weeks later...

in short:I would buy merit machines.earnings will vary by location and by time of year too.you will need your own insurance.go to bars laundry mats and restaurants and see if they need a machine,or if they have room for another if they will let you in too.imo it is best to have the machine first and then find the location.this way you can show it to them if needed and you can put it right in once you get a yes,so they cant change thier minds while you find a machine.you can familiarize yourself with the machine in the mean time too.a split is needed since they use electricity and most wont let it in for free.you may get by with a 60 40 split.I had a location that would split the licensing fee of 30 bucks with me every year.machines rarley break but can be pricey to fix when they do.I have a few machines I may sell that I can send pictures of once I get back from vacation.I will also give more advice once I get back,I dont have access to internet here very often or for very long.

in short:I would buy merit machines.earnings will vary by location and by time of year too.you will need your own insurance.go to bars laundry mats and restaurants and see if they need a machine,or if they have room for another if they will let you in too.imo it is best to have the machine first and then find the location.this way you can show it to them if needed and you can put it right in once you get a yes,so they cant change thier minds while you find a machine.you can familiarize yourself with the machine in the mean time too.a split is needed since they use electricity and most wont let it in for free.you may get by with a 60 40 split.I had a location that would split the licensing fee of 30 bucks with me every year.machines rarley break but can be pricey to fix when they do.I have a few machines I may sell that I can send pictures of once I get back from vacation.I will also give more advice once I get back,I dont have access to internet here very often or for very long.

WOW!!! Great advise and thanks for taking the time to touch on all the points I mentioned.

I have decided to start on the bulk vending side of the industry due to the start up cost. Eventually growing into amusement, food and beverage.

Enjoy your vacation and i look forward to more of your advice.

Thanks again and great selling!!!

GV

• 10 months later...

I see that Megatouch units are getting smaller and smaller. Anyone else using these in bars. I looked at prices and they are a little pricey. You would think a person could make one of these using basic parts. A small cabinet, monitor and controls using a PsP with video out and a DBA. Put in a 100 in 1 game cartridge and pay for play.

Archived