A Better Deal this time

agrantha

Ok

The last deal I posted was terrible. What about everything in this picture for $260.00? I am going to pick up the machines on Friday smiley.gif

What size balls are in this machine? Maybe I should use some of the machines to build a 4-way rack.

post-1869-0-18597700-1311549273_thumb.jpg

post-1869-0-46640600-1311549288_thumb.jpg

That's not a bad deal. $23.63 a unit if you count the stands. You can't buy them new that cheap. Looks like all they need is a good cleaning. Those appear to be 27mm balls.

That was a pretty good deal. You gonna paint them all red too?

I will see what they look like after I clean them. Then I will determine whether to paint them red or not. I have been beat up by this forum in regard to now selling toys. I may just start with bouncy balls and go from there.

I bought 5 Northwestern heads from this guy a year ago. He is now selling me the remainder of his inventory.

I will see what they look like after I clean them. Then I will determine whether to paint them red or not. I have been beat up by this forum in regard to now selling toys. I may just start with bouncy balls and go from there.

I bought 5 Northwestern heads from this guy a year ago. He is now selling me the remainder of his inventory.

Deal is moderate. If you need the stands it's a good deal. Without valuing stands it would be 37$, but if the stands will be used and are given a fair valuation the whole package becomes a nice deal considering the machines appear to not need any refurbishing.

Deal is moderate. If you need the stands it's a good deal. Without valuing stands it would be 37$, but if the stands will be used and are given a fair valuation the whole package becomes a nice deal considering the machines appear to not need any refurbishing.

Although I prefer the cast iron stands as you see on the single machine, I will use the pipe stands also. I cannot help thinking that he accepted my first offer. To me $260.00 was somewhat of a fair offer. He also has a few spare parts that I will ask him to throw in. He has one head with a broken globe and a missing lock. I will ask him to throw that in.

Ok

The last deal I posted was terrible. What about everything in this picture for $260.00? I am going to pick up the machines on Friday smiley.gif

What size balls are in this machine? Maybe I should use some of the machines to build a 4-way rack.

Those are prolly 27mm balls.

$260 for 7 used NW super 60s with stands is a good deal. The tempo stands are kinda cheap, but the work fine. Using them for racks is of course the best thing to do with them. NW super 60s are too big for candy, but are awesome for capsule toys.

Those are prolly 27mm balls.

$260 for 7 used NW super 60s with stands is a good deal. The tempo stands are kinda cheap, but the work fine. Using them for racks is of course the best thing to do with them. NW super 60s are too big for candy, but are awesome for capsule toys.

All of my Super 60's have candy/gumballs. I feel in the long run, this will allow my to add more time to my service cycles. I can let the high volume locations sit for 60 to 90 days if I need to.

I will soon venture into toys or at least bouncy balls at first.

That's not a bad deal. $23.63 a unit if you count the stands. You can't buy them new that cheap. Looks like all they need is a good cleaning. Those appear to be 27mm balls.

HillBilly

I need your help with this one. I received more than what is in the picture. A few of the heads were very dirty. And rust is an issue for some of them. The rust is in the brush housing (springs)...not the shell. Some screws were rusty. I lowered my offer to $230 once I saw the machines in person. He accepted. I still think I received a very good deal because after I order a few parts I will have 9 heads. It is very hard to find used North Westerns in this area. Last night I begin the cleaning process. But it is so much equipment that I could not clean it all in one day.

What do you use to clean your machines HillBilly? Do you use a brush, rag, paper towels? Do you throw rusty parts away? Do you sand your machines before you paint them? Where do you paint your machines?

Thank you in advance

HillBilly

I need your help with this one. I received more than what is in the picture. A few of the heads were very dirty. And rust is an issue for some of them. The rust is in the brush housing (springs)...not the shell. Some screws were rusty. I lowered my offer to $230 once I saw the machines in person. He accepted. I still think I received a very good deal because after I order a few parts I will have 9 heads. It is very hard to find used North Westerns in this area. Last night I begin the cleaning process. But it is so much equipment that I could not clean it all in one day.

What do you use to clean your machines HillBilly? Do you use a brush, rag, paper towels? Do you throw rusty parts away? Do you sand your machines before you paint them? Where do you paint your machines?

Thank you in advance

I clean everything in the kitchen sink using a mild hand soap and an old toothbrush. I also use a hard bristle gun cleaning brush(plastic brush with stiff bristles not metal). I then use toothpaste on the globes. Use a paper towel and rub really good. If the springs are really rusted I just get new ones. If it is light rust, then sometimes steel wool will remove the rust.

I only sand when rust is showing, otherwise I use 3M Scotchbrite pads which are about a 220 grit I think. I then set everything on a cardboard box and paint outside in the lawn. If it is humid I wait. It is all mostly elbow grease.

Don't worry about making mistakes. If it doesnt turn out right just do it again.

Good luck.

I clean everything in the kitchen sink using a mild hand soap and an old toothbrush. I also use a hard bristle gun cleaning brush(plastic brush with stiff bristles not metal). I then use toothpaste on the globes. Use a paper towel and rub really good. If the springs are really rusted I just get new ones. If it is light rust, then sometimes steel wool will remove the rust.

I only sand when rust is showing, otherwise I use 3M Scotchbrite pads which are about a 220 grit I think. I then set everything on a cardboard box and paint outside in the lawn. If it is humid I wait. It is all mostly elbow grease.

Don't worry about making mistakes. If it doesnt turn out right just do it again.

Good luck.

Thanks HillBilly

I will be sure to print this out grin.gif

Good luck.

Toothpaste on the globes? Tell me more.

All of my Super 60's have candy/gumballs. I feel in the long run, this will allow my to add more time to my service cycles. I can let the high volume locations sit for 60 to 90 days if I need to.

That's the problem with candy. You really can't let it sit for 60-90 days. At least, that's the way it is for me. So if I have to service it after only 30 days, then there's no point in using a huge super60 for just a little bit of candy. I don't even fill my vista 300's very high when I use candy. I maybe only fill it to 1/3 or 1/4 when I do candy.

That's the problem with candy. You really can't let it sit for 60-90 days. At least, that's the way it is for me. So if I have to service it after only 30 days, then there's no point in using a huge super60 for just a little bit of candy. I don't even fill my vista 300's very high when I use candy. I maybe only fill it to 1/3 or 1/4 when I do candy.

Very true

But if the candy is being eaten very rapidly, you may want to top the machine off so it will not be bone dry when you service it again. If the location is slow, fill the globe half way.

Toothpaste on the globes? Tell me more.

Toothpaste has very mild abrasives in it. It is actually recommended by some manufacturers of Lexan as a cleaning agent. It also makes jewelry shine like new.

Toothpaste has very mild abrasives in it. It is actually recommended by some manufacturers of Lexan as a cleaning agent. It also makes jewelry shine like new.

Im not sure if it works on globes because I havent tried it, but my headlights on my van were so dingy they werent even useful at night, I took wet/dry 600 grit sandpaper and with water sanded them real good, it put a haze look on them but then I painted them with clear coat and they look brand new. I might try it on a globe if I ever get time.

Archived