brand price increase?

havending

They might have raised--it's a major issue with ordering over the phone. You don't want to have to ask the price of everything because it takes so long, but they don't post it either. Brand has been fair to me thus far though. I really don't recall the exact prices.

/goes to check their pricing from last year (hurray keeping tax files.

Apparently the lists they send me with the order don't actually have a price on them. That's unfortunate. I was interested to know. Even if they raised to 20 I'd be okay with it. At least it would encourage any late movers to go ahead and up to 50 cents on all commission locations. More over, if it means they can keep things in stock, I'm happy. They used to have problems with stocking frequently, but over the last year I've been really happy with them.

They might have raised--it's a major issue with ordering over the phone. You don't want to have to ask the price of everything because it takes so long, but they don't post it either. Brand has been fair to me thus far though. I really don't recall the exact prices.

/goes to check their pricing from last year (hurray keeping tax files.

Apparently the lists they send me with the order don't actually have a price on them. That's unfortunate. I was interested to know. Even if they raised to 20 I'd be okay with it. At least it would encourage any late movers to go ahead and up to 50 cents on all commission locations. More over, if it means they can keep things in stock, I'm happy. They used to have problems with stocking frequently, but over the last year I've been really happy with them.

I havent heard that the prices are going up. On small quanties it could be $19.75 per bag. I think 12 or more bags is $19.00. I don't think it goes any lower than that.

By the way, there is a new line of squishes coming out in August. 1" item and a 2" item.

Gary

Has anybody seen any sales volume decrease from Brand selling the mania stuff as over-the-counter sales channels?

Also, what does everybody think of A&As new Animal Squisheez? Do you think they will make a dent in the mania sales?

I ordered form brand for the first time and was charged 19.75ea It seems that I saw on here some Where that they charged 18.00ea Any one know when they went up?

The best I can get out of them is $19.25/bag and I have to order at least a case(12bags). The newer stuff I order multiple cases to get that price. Prices have steadily climbed up.

Has anybody seen any sales volume decrease from Brand selling the mania stuff as over-the-counter sales channels?

Also, what does everybody think of A&As new Animal Squisheez? Do you think they will make a dent in the mania sales?

I have seen a volume decrease in the older squish; I think it is because all my kids have them and they only want new. The A&A I won't buy because I don't think they will sell and I don't want to offer other squisheez anyway. If your just staring with squish A&A would be a great way to go.

I have seen a volume decrease in the older squish; I think it is because all my kids have them and they only want new. The A&A I won't buy because I don't think they will sell and I don't want to offer other squisheez anyway. If your just staring with squish A&A would be a great way to go.

How do you guys even know which toys to buy in the first place?

Agrantha, experience and coordination.

I supplement my experience by asking other vendors with several toy locations what has worked for them. That way I'm not shooting in the dark. I have a much higher rate of hits on new product. If I was new and starting out I think I'd go to brand because IMO they have much better service. I have seen a drop in sales, but I wasn't sure what caused in. Going over the counter could do that, and appears to me to be a terrible decision as it undermines the industry they are primarily supplying. If we can't support ourselves, there is no reason to be in this industry or to buy from them. Reminds me of buzz bites going over the counter--except that was a bad product to begin with. In the case of mania, it is an excellent product. I'm not surprised retailers would want a piece of the action.

How do you guys even know which toys to buy in the first place?

You really don't. All you can do is look to see whats out there and try it. Most work but some don't. After some years under your belt you will know what to stay away from for the most part.

on a side note anyone get any of them animal squisheez from A&A yet, looks lime a good alternative to brand products

What's the benefit of the alternative? Don't they come in the Acorn caps that require a special wheel (more money) and frequently break open causing misvends in the machine and wasting my time putting them back together as I load the machine. With brand I literally just pour the product in.

Wow! This is a busy topic. I have been getting phone notifications all day.

Lurtsman is right. Once you go to brands sealed round capsules, it's hard to go to acorn capsules again. I have started buying 1" from A&A again and all I do is look for tops and bottoms in machines. What a pain in the butt!

I think the squisheez's from A&A could work in places that don't know what real Squishies are. Good luck finding that place! Also, A&A's knockoffs are over $21 per case.

Agrantha, the best way to know what's best is to ask on this forum. You have the best group of vendors you will find anywhere. They will be happy to help you decide. Try it!

Gary

I am with Jim from Faith Vending. I don't think the Squishies retail products have affected vending sales at all. I think Is the kids, (and parents) have had their fill of the older Squishies. The newer ones continue to draw heavy buying from kids of all ages. There are new Squishies coming out in August.

Gary

What's the benefit of the alternative? Don't they come in the Acorn caps that require a special wheel (more money) and frequently break open causing misvends in the machine and wasting my time putting them back together as I load the machine. With brand I literally just pour the product in.

One benefit is having alternate products available when Brand is out of stock. That used to be a real problem, but now Brand seems to be able to keep this stuff in stock. Early last year I had to buy from Cardinal and Actionmatic to fill the globes. Yea, you don't appreciate those round capsules until you start messing with acorn again and the inevitable open capsule problems. I always have to pour the acorn caps into a box first so that I can inspect and recap the open ones.

A&A is real late to the squishy game. I guess they figured it would die down, but it never really died out, but it has slowed a bit.

I am with Jim from Faith Vending. I don't think the Squishies retail products have affected vending sales at all. I think Is the kids, (and parents) have had their fill of the older Squishies. The newer ones continue to draw heavy buying from kids of all ages. There are new Squishies coming out in August.

Gary

Yes, I agree. The reason brand squishies are so successful and have staying power is the CUTENESS. Kids love cuteness and manias are unmatched in terms of it.

Just look at it, with its cool round capsules, cute display, softness, collectible, has special red and rare figures,etc. Kids can go nuts forever.

The problem with brand is they are a one-trick pony. The only good thing they offer is squshy, and nothing else. With shipping the way it is, it's best to combine shipping with other products. If I only have $200 to buy product, I'm not going to piece it out to different places. I want to buy it all at one place and save shipping costs. That's why I like A&A and I'm considering TNT as my next runner up.

The problem with brand is they are a one-trick pony. The only good thing they offer is squshy, and nothing else. With shipping the way it is, it's best to combine shipping with other products. If I only have $200 to buy product, I'm not going to piece it out to different places. I want to buy it all at one place and save shipping costs. That's why I like A&A and I'm considering TNT as my next runner up.

When I order from brand it is usually in four figures. I get a reasonable deal on shipping, and I run several mania products.

I love the round caps and absolutely hate the 1" acorns. Brand also has "Blobs" which is basically sticky stuff that has been moving good for me @ .50 cents, they also come in round caps and are the same price as the maina stuff. ($19.75 w/.50 price break after 12).

I was wondering about the blob today when I was putting in an order, I'll try some next time I order.

Archived