Bars and Nightspots

dperry

I've been toying with the idea of expanding some bulk vending into bars and nightclubs. Has anybody had any success with that? I'm not wanting to do candy. I'm thinking there are some interesting items that can be sold out of 1" or 2" caps. Some things I'm thinking of:

Glow Sticks - great for dark environments

Classic and sugar Tattoos

Blingy Rings and Jewelry

Condoms

Bling teeth

I also figure that sports bars might do well with sports team items.

Thoughts?

Yeah you read my mind, I have a bar that does $55-70 a month with a triple and talked to the owner last time I serviced about putting a 2" capsule machine in, he said that it was fine with him so I ordered some harley davidson keychains since we have a huge bike rally here twice a year and they cater to bikers year round with different events and specials. I also like the idea a member had the other day about "don't be a chicken" where you put dares in the capsules with the item so people can give there friends .50 and tell'em don't be a chicken.

I once saw an ebay auction where a guy was selling a vista 300 with a 50c mech and it was loaded with condoms in caps. I think this might be an interesting thing to try.

I once saw an ebay auction where a guy was selling a vista 300 with a 50c mech and it was loaded with condoms in caps. I think this might be an interesting thing to try.

especially if you can go to the health department and get them for free (that will help keep COG'S down), only kidding

Did some looking around on ebay. Found large lots of condoms for about $0.18 to $0.20c each before shipping. At a 50c vend, that amounts to a 40% COGS. I think they should prolly be vended for 75c or $1. Do they make oak or NW mechs in those denominations?

Did some looking around on ebay. Found large lots of condoms for about $0.18 to $0.20c each before shipping. At a 50c vend, that amounts to a 40% COGS. I think they should prolly be vended for 75c or $1. Do they make oak or NW mechs in those denominations?

You would have to use a 2" cap machine unless you used beaver, which would probably be better for the guys ego even if it is the same product just coming out a bigger cap :rolleyes:

Ping Pong balls might do good for beer pong. I can take a picture of my adapter ring and you can make one easy. Let me know if you want the pics. It goes on top of a NW or A&A 2" capsule wheel.

Don't forget about flat vending. NFL stickers and classic tattoos can do well in those places. The 2 inch NFL caps or cups for 75 cents is also a decent bet for the upcoming season. Only 10 days to the first NFL pre-season game!

Archived