What reliable combo machine should I look to buy?

loach33

For the most part I have larger locations with 2-5 pop, snack, sandwich machines in them. But, recently while trying to place bulk machines in some smaller places they've asked about pop and snack machines. Well, they're just too small to justify a full size pop and snack machine or even a larger combo machine (I have a few of those where there's 6 pop selections and 20+ snacks.)

While looking on ebay, etc is there a reliable smaller sized combo machine that I should be looking for? What brand, model, etc? The locations are a small car repair shop and a gymnastics facility with lots of traffic but sales I can't see being that high. I know there's the manual machines where you just put coins in but aren't those prone to jams a lot. I'm thinking one with a dollar acceptor for sure.

And of course inexpensive as I don't want a big investment for these places. Thanks for any help!

Cheap combos are usually just that, cheap. AMS and USI make good combos but they are not cheap ($4000ish). The cheapest way to get into borderline locations are a used snack and a beverage machine from a bottler.

if you dont think a location can support a machine with only SIX drink selections and 20 snack selections , RUN! you wont amoritize the cost of the equipment no matter how cheap it is

if you really think its worth it, put an honor box or two, and a cheap can vendor

if you dont think a location can support a machine with only SIX drink selections and 20 snack selections , RUN! you wont amoritize the cost of the equipment no matter how cheap it is

if you really think its worth it, put an honor box or two, and a cheap can vendor

Hmm, thanks. That's was my initial thought but I thought maybe there was a decent machine out there that I could run into on ebay or craiglist for $1000 or so. My combo machines are so big and they were a lot more than $1000. I don't want to take 2 years to get my money back.

Yeppers, or better yet get yourself some dorm style refrig and do "honor drinks" also for even cheaper startup. Do that along with the honor box and call it a day. Get your ROI down to a few fills not a year or two. Charge $1.00 for everything including can drinks and battle water. That way if a few walk off you are still good. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

BTW used combo machines from USI, Crane, AMS, etc usually bring $1200 and up on the used market for a machine that is a quite a few years old.

FYI about your combo question, stay away from any brand other than USI, Crane, AMS when buying combo machines. Do NOT buy Antares,or Genesis they are known to be problems and NO prefessional vending companies I know use them.

FYI about your combo question, stay away from any brand other than USI, Crane, AMS when buying combo machines. Do NOT buy Antares,or Genesis they are known to be problems and NO prefessional vending companies I know use them.

I have one Genesis combo and I hate it!!!

In fact, I had to go fix it today ...... again!

My USI combo's are old and doing just fine.

Have you bought machines from this company? If so tell us what you bought and how the overall service and experience was. If you havent how do you know them? Are you suggesting the company in that link or the Jofemar machines in that link?

Do you have Jofemar machines?

Yes rjt im suggesting the jofemar machines... those are the ones that I learned how to use that human gets before they put their graphics on

I found them extremely easy to use and repair also no coils on them so higher capacity stacking products back to back... From what I see on other machines its a good recommend.

So I'd say buy a jofemar combo plus from sumwhere or buy from technivend

Thanks and yeah, I've decided to just pass on these small accounts. The gymnastics place is already selling drinks out of a small fridge and snacks off their counter. The auto repair shop has a pop machine from Pepsi. They both asked if I could do it. But, as I thought, just not worth it.

Glad I found these forums a year or so ago. I've been doing full line vending for 15 years now, and I make good money for a side business but with all the info here I realize that I've probably spent more money than I really ever needed to. I've bought new many times and paid a lot for them. I've always paid a locator and it ain't cheap. But, they've been reliable machines so it's not all bad. This forum has just made me much more cautious about going forward on further locations.

Thanks again.

Yes rjt im suggesting the jofemar machines... those are the ones that I learned how to use that human gets before they put their graphics on

I found them extremely easy to use and repair also no coils on them so higher capacity stacking products back to back... From what I see on other machines its a good recommend.

So I'd say buy a jofemar combo plus from sumwhere or buy from technivend

Ahh that makes sense. The issue is those jofemar machines are a very rare bird in the vending world. I have been in vending 10 years and I have never seen one in the wild.

I would stick with machines that have plenty of parts around and that is more common. You can find parts for USI, AP, Crane, etc from many, many different sources.....

The jofemar is a great working machine and is built like a tank (or was when we were dealing with them). The hard part is that the machine is so different then the mainstream manufacturers that it is a very hard sell. Seeing that they are in FL along with Daniel it is probably a great fit!!!

Good luck with them and keep us posted to their reliablity.

The jofemar is a great working machine and is built like a tank (or was when we were dealing with them). The hard part is that the machine is so different then the mainstream manufacturers that it is a very hard sell. Seeing that they are in FL along with Daniel it is probably a great fit!!!

Good luck with them and keep us posted to their reliablity.

Great info to have, thanks for the input on this brand. Is the of these machines price similar to USI and Crane when looking at buying new? Are parts easy to get and how do they compare in price? Can control boards be repaired by most vending repair companies?

Archived