When should you pull a location, or just set it to a longer service cycle?

hutchdavidson

So I was thinking, how do you know when to yank all your equipment from a location, or just set the service cycle to a longer time so there is a decent amount of money there when you service it?

Reason I ask is I have a breathalyzer machine that isnt doing so hot, but the manager says the bar itself is doing bad right now (must be summer or something). How long should I give the machine to give me a decent monthly average? I can always set it to a longer service cycle since theres no product to spoil. These locations are very hard to come by so I would think it is best to just check the machine less often to make it worth the trip.

Keep an eye on the bar, if it goes out of business with bills someone involved will almost always attempt to steal your machine. One way to potentially prevent this is to bolt it into the construction of the building and secure it with heavy duty locks. This way the worst they could do is lock your machine inside. Perhaps they could break it--but it is unlikely. They aren't trying to destroy things, they only want to take everything that IS NOT bolted down. Also, I'd suggest having a drink or two there and trying to figure out why business is slow. I'm not beyond trying to find ways to assist businesses that have my machines. I want to see them succeed.

Over the weekend, I went to service a location that wasn't open the last time I had gone to service it. This time, the place was empty, and my machines were gone. I should have done something about it when I was there last. At least I could have posted a note on the door asking to have my machines back. Now it's too late. I can't even find any info on the management agency that manages the little strip mall.

I should have known this was coming, but I ignored it. Keep that in mind with your own locations. I lost a home-built rack of 3 vista machines. What will you lose?

I just had a restaurant to close on me unexpectantly, I wrote a note on the back of my business card that I needed to get my machines, I then taped the card across both doors near the lock, the landlord had to go thru my note to get into the bldg, the next day I received a call and we arranged a time for me to get my machines. It's a bad feeling to go to an empty bldg, it's always a good idea to get the owner's cell phone # just in case.

Archived