Printing your own displays

lurtsman

Do not save them just on the computer your wife uses. Save them to your computer, or a detachable hard drive. The reason? Routinely the other computer will be formatted. I've had to create the same displays 3-4 times now, and I'm tired of it. I despise having to do it. Usually if I tell my wife I need displays she will go and create them for me, but eventually they get lost. Since she wants the printer--and microsoft sucks, all things that must be printed have to go from her computer. I've set up a shared folder on my computer and now just copy everything over--you'd think I could run it from my computer but hers refuses to allow networking to work properly. Long rant in short form:

Back up your displays

Hmm. I created an account on the CVS site, uploaded my pics of my labels, then have them print off a batch every so often. I have them printed at my local store then go pick them up when I run my errands. I use the 4x6 size. They are only about 19 cents each.

Hmm. I created an account on the CVS site, uploaded my pics of my labels, then have them print off a batch every so often. I have them printed at my local store then go pick them up when I run my errands. I use the 4x6 size. They are only about 19 cents each.

That's an excellent idea Darryl. Do you get them on glossy paper or the flat?

That's an excellent idea Darryl. Do you get them on glossy paper or the flat?

I just use glossy.

One other good point about doing it this way is it saves on printer ink. It might seem like its cheaper to do it yourself, but that ink can get expensive and graphics like this take up a lot of ink.

Do you guys think that the added sales from having the correct display from the supplier is worth the 3.50. Once a year of so I break displays down and cap then up and sell them in my junk mixes.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

That's a great idea printing the displays at CVS. I make my own displays for 1 inch, and still buy the live displays for the 2 inch product. I found that the live displays in the 1 inch were more than annoying to service.

Do you guys think that the added sales from having the correct display from the supplier is worth the 3.50. Once a year of so I break displays down and cap then up and sell them in my junk mixes.

I will be honest and say that I think that home made displays are not nearly as good as the live displays. I also find that live displays wear out over time. So renewing and recycling them is about all you can do.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Yes I do. But in some cases the displays are so large that they take up way too much room in the globes. A couple examples are the Fun Time mix from A&A and the Sports Ball mix. The displays for those are way too thick. Sometimes my stir arms even touch them.

The Cone Zone display from them wont even sit in the display holder of a 2" machine because it is too thick.

In cases like that I would rather have a printed display to use.

I asked my rep at a&a if they have flat versions. She gave me some of the planet-x display boards that they use in the live displays, just without the toys. I've been using those for my aliens. but I can say that sales of aliens has dropped for me. now they have those new flat displays for the aliens and the fun time mix. I will use those because they are professionally done. The main reason I don't like the live displays is because, like you said, is that they take up too much room on the globe.

Archived