Buying a carousel on location?

shepherdsflock

I was at the mall today with my son to let him play on the indoor playground. Right next to the playground is a three seat carousel that is ALWAYS making money any time we go there (and at $1.00 per ride, I bet it makes over $50 per day). Well, today was the second time in two months that I've seen it broken. I'm thinking about calling the owner to see if they'd be willing to sell it. I found a sticker on it saying to call Theissen Vending for service. I googled them and found that they are located in Minnesota (I'm in Iowa, about a 5 hour drive from where they are). I can't imagine they like dealing with this machine every time it breaks, since they probably have to outsource the service work since they're in another state.

What do you guys think of buying a ride like this from what appears to be a fairly large operator? Do you think there's any chance they'll part with it? What do you think would be a reasonable offer? 30% of annual gross? More?

I was at the mall today with my son to let him play on the indoor playground. Right next to the playground is a three seat carousel that is ALWAYS making money any time we go there (and at $1.00 per ride, I bet it makes over $50 per day). Well, today was the second time in two months that I've seen it broken. I'm thinking about calling the owner to see if they'd be willing to sell it. I found a sticker on it saying to call Theissen Vending for service. I googled them and found that they are located in Minnesota (I'm in Iowa, about a 5 hour drive from where they are). I can't imagine they like dealing with this machine every time it breaks, since they probably have to outsource the service work since they're in another state.

What do you guys think of buying a ride like this from what appears to be a fairly large operator? Do you think there's any chance they'll part with it? What do you think would be a reasonable offer? 30% of annual gross? More?

I'm friends with some of the higher ups of theissen they are a great company and you right they are in mn and operate a large route as well as sell some bulk machines. They are big in the kiddie ride game and many of their rides are leased to the mall itself. And some they own and service. The chances of you being able to buy it is slim. They arnt going to sell it just because its out of order alot. Equipment being out of order from time to time is just part of the business. Those rides cost upwards of 15k or more.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Hmm, doesn't sound too promising. The mall probably is leasing the machine from them, as you suggested. Too bad. I'll call them today and let them know that both coin mechanisms were jammed, and ask about selling the machine. I guess the worst they can say is no. Who knows, maybe it would lead to some other opportunities.

Hmm, doesn't sound too promising. The mall probably is leasing the machine from them, as you suggested. Too bad. I'll call them today and let them know that both coin mechanisms were jammed, and ask about selling the machine. I guess the worst they can say is no. Who knows, maybe it would lead to some other opportunities.

If your not far from them check on their racks for sale. They sell a lot of used nw racks and some other bulk items.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

this is how I found a good repair man for my full line machines.I called the number on a machine to report a vendo giving 2 candy bars at a time and then asked who fixed his machines and got the phone number.you never know what could happen...

Archived