FT vending Pros/cons

JLM Vending

For those of you that do this FT or pretty close to it, how would you compare your experience with this compared to your previous career/job and would you say it beats it?

Lot less money; same amount of work if not more. Being your own boss is worth a lot but you have to pay the bills. Vending does not beat my old career and I would never have gotten into vending if I was not "downsized". The best way to get into vending is part time or as a hobby and go from there. Don't quit your day job if you have one.

I dont do this full time but I plan on it in the future.what I like about vending is that I can do it at my own pace and dont have to be in as big a hurry doing it like at the restaurant.I like the fact that if I cant get to my route today I can do it tomorrow and nothing will happen.I believe if I was in vending full time I would also have more free time.my issue is that I would need many more locations to make what I make now to be full time.

I dont do this full time but I plan on it in the future.what I like about vending is that I can do it at my own pace and dont have to be in as big a hurry doing it like at the restaurant.I like the fact that if I cant get to my route today I can do it tomorrow and nothing will happen.I believe if I was in vending full time I would also have more free time.my issue is that I would need many more locations to make what I make now to be full time.

i dont know about in bulk but in full line i really cant do the

route at "my own pace" unless i want to make less money. i wasted my whole morning doing service calls now i am a full day off schedule with deliveries

HI,

FWIW - the speed at which you "have" to vend depends on how full a schedule / route you have.

At first, my route was not that big, so taking a day off would not have mattered too much...The route at this point had some built in flex time since the it could be run in 4 hard days or 5 easier ones or some other combination (6 really easy days?)....

As I got more stops, I have gotten to the point where I need to work (5) 12 hour days and a half day on Saturday to do the rout properly....I can cut corners BUT at that point (if I cut the corners ) income will suffer a bit because machines that need to be serviced won't be serviced correctly.

I am continuing to do sales / solicitation for more stops since I'd like to get to the point of having a full time route driver (I do have a part time driver now but that cuts my income a fair amount so I do the route part time as well....I'd like to get more stops for Me and the part time driver).

Anyways, that's my take on how hard one "has" to work ;-)

Andrew

Archived