Rust on floor in location from pipe stand

ricjo vending

Owner is giving me the boot if i can't solve rust problem on floor from metal pipe stand.Is there any bases made of PVC strong enough to hold two nw 60s,any material i can wrap around base like rubber boot.Its a very small area where it sits.I can't fit small rack in this area.He already kicked out vendor with vendstar that was also making a stain from mopping floors.I gotta come up with something or i'm out the door.

Thanks

Rick

Great info...check out the link above too. I wouldnt be surprised if rust is a common issue with the metal stands.

I like the welcome mat idea as well - you maybe able to get a cheap custom one with your company name on it :)

Linoleum squares can be had for about $3 each or less at your local Lowes or Home Depot. They have a self-adhesive backing so you can use it to stick it to the base of the stand. They are about 18" square, so they are large enough for most stand bases.

buy an inexpensive door/welcome mat to put it on

I get these from Target (or Walmart sometimes) for about $4 per location. I put a mat down unless they say it's okay without one. Saves a lot of headaches.

i seen one time they make a rubber bootee that goes around the bottom of the bass of the pipe stands if i can find where i seen them ill post the link

They stopped making these for some reason. I ordered a bunch and then had my order cancelled because they were discontinued. Not sure why. That's when I started using the $4 mats which saved me a lot of money.

• 1 month later...

Owner is giving me the boot if i can't solve rust problem on floor from metal pipe stand.Is there any bases made of PVC strong enough to hold two nw 60s,any material i can wrap around base like rubber boot.Its a very small area where it sits.I can't fit small rack in this area.He already kicked out vendor with vendstar that was also making a stain from mopping floors.I gotta come up with something or i'm out the door.

Thanks

Rick

Call A&A and buy a 24" - "Silver Vein" pipe stand. It has a very heavy finish that will not rust.

http://www.aaglobal.com/bulk-vending/bulk-vending-machine-equipment-parts/racks-stands/PIP-silver-vein-pipe-stand-bulk-vending-equipment.htm

Mike

Archived