evap iced

sphincorp

i know this problem has been posted ......many times,,,,but i have a problem machine...dn 240m, evap. coil is icing over....the inner fans run constantly...i replaced the t stat, that did not fix, what is making the fans run constantly

...i'm guessing there is a harness prob. any help would be appreciated...thanx

i know this problem has been posted ......many times,,,,but i have a problem machine...dn 240m, evap. coil is icing over....the inner fans run constantly...i replaced the t stat, that did not fix, what is making the fans run constantly

...i'm guessing there is a harness prob. any help would be appreciated...thanx

Inner fan (evaporate fans) are supposed to continuously run. Is your icing problem gone after switching the thermostat?

haha i am still struggling with the same machine i posted on a month ago. I got it working with a t-stat then the compressor blew up. Now its icing over since replacing the compressor. :(

My "old school" repair guy gave me this advice, so ill pass it along

- Try a few thermostats especially if they are used. Set it to "1" and make sure its cycling then slowly move it up to 2.5

- Try placing the probe right under the holes in the delivery chute

- Make sure the delivery door isnt getting stuck open

Also bringing a wet/dry shopvac, shop towels or a shamwow and a hair dryer to fix it is a good idea it will save you a lot of time versus just waiting for the thing to de-ice and it wont leave a big mess for the customer. To clarify, melt the ice with the hairdryer instead of just waiting for it to melt. So you can get to fixing it quickly

haha i am still struggling with the same machine i posted on a month ago. I got it working with a t-stat then the compressor blew up. Now its icing over since replacing the compressor. :(

My "old school" repair guy gave me this advice, so ill pass it along

- Try a few thermostats especially if they are used. Set it to "1" and make sure its cycling then slowly move it up to 2.5

- Try placing the probe right under the holes in the delivery chute

- Make sure the delivery door isnt getting stuck open

Also bringing a wet/dry shopvac, shop towels or a shamwow and a hair dryer to fix it is a good idea it will save you a lot of time versus just waiting for the thing to de-ice and it wont leave a big mess for the customer. To clarify, melt the ice with the hairdryer instead of just waiting for it to melt. So you can get to fixing it quickly

Great advice dogcow thanks for sharing

Now I will tell you how a redneck like me does it.

I get to the location for regular service and open the door and the condensor is iced over. I dont have a shop vac and blowdryer so the first thing I do is disconnect the compressor so that I can leave the evap fan running. Then drink one 20 oz MT. Dew. Take the drain tube under the evap off and put the empty 20 oz mt dew bottle under the hole. ( Gatorade works well too.) Go to the bathroom or breakroom sink and take some of the paper towels you brought to clean the machine and run the hottest water you can on them. then squeeze the hot water out of the paper towel on the evap. The water runs to the mt dew bottle and the evap fan draws warm air into the evap. It doesnt take as long as you would think and there is no mess. ( Caution:: You may have to stick a paper towel in the hole to empty the Mt Dew bottle)

Yes I actually did this.

You might be a redneck if you have a bumper sticker that says " I ****** kisses and vise versa"

this is the 1 machine driving me crazy.........Brand new T stat

..i have made sure there was no air leaks....it just sounds like the evasp fans are on overdrive,,,,

...i took the deck out last week to hose off and "de-ice"

... yes...thats how bad it got

...then when i went back a week later, it was icing gain

....(lol)

.... if i could pick it up an throw it i would

come on plp ..think

• 2 months later...

are you sure the thermostat is cycling tho? use technivend's tissue trick to verify that

also if its only freezing on one side it could be low on gas

I put the thermostat probe directly into the evap fins and ran it right next to the big copper "bulb" looking pipe. This stopped mine from icing over.

I put the thermostat probe directly into the evap fins and ran it right next to the big copper "bulb" looking pipe. This stopped mine from icing over.

In a Dixie doing this changes what the thermostat is sensing. It can be covering up a bad thermostat or an air leak. As long as it works great but there is an underlying issue somewhere that may crop up at a later time.

Archived