Greasing the palm

dperry

I know the big guys out there have done this. I've heard of some venders who will sweeten the deal by offering some cash, or a visa gift card.

I was wondering how often you pay a commission up front to a location in order to get it. How much do you usually give? I'm considering doing this as an greater incentive. When you think about it, it wouldn't cost any more than using a locator. At least this way, when I give an upfront commission to the location owner, I know it's at a place that I at least suspect will be do well. The caveat is that you have to give the money to the decision-maker. The kid on the other side of the counter will prolly gladly take your money, but that won't secure the location.

I remember when KickStart Rob first got into vending. He used to offer gift certificates to Carrabba's restaurant. I think he did quite well with that approach.

I gave a Chinese Buffet $100 to put in a 4 column on a combo rack. They already had a toy capsule rack. I also gave $100 to the publisher of the Mexican newspaper in my area the other day for getting me 2 Mexican stores.

I remember when KickStart Rob first got into vending. He used to offer gift certificates to Carrabba's restaurant. I think he did quite well with that approach.

I've heard of giving away gift cards. Was wondering if they were better than cash. If so, which stores would be the best? I sometimes think cash is best, because how will they know if the card is full or not?

I've heard of giving away gift cards. Was wondering if they were better than cash. If so, which stores would be the best? I sometimes think cash is best, because how will they know if the card is full or not?

This kind of thing is becoming more common in full line. Usually paid at install and called "sign on bonus" or something like that.

Archived