Need help with flat displays

dperry

As I'm getting more and more into vending flats, I'm finding I'm having a problem with the displays. I mount them on the display board with some double-sided tape, but when I try to switch out the displays for new ones, I find that I pretty much have to ruin the display when I peel it off the tape.

What do you veteran venders do for this? I'm considering mounting some sort of shallow pocket on the display board. The thought is I would put the mounted pocket at the bottom of the display board, then insert the display into that pocket. I'm thinking of cutting about 1/2" to 1" off the bottom of a narrow manilla envelope and using that as the pocket. That way the pocket and the display will fit in between the display board and the plexiglass window.

I'm no "veteran", but what I've been doing these couple of years is using regular old scotch-tape.

I make sure to tape it onto the backside of the display with a portion of the sticky side of the tape facing the plexi-glass.

Then I can just stick the display on the glass to keep the display in place.

Since the tape is only on the back-side, I don't do much damage to the display when/if I have to pull the tape off.

If it's a two-sided display, I just consider "the back" whatever side I (or my kids) like the least.

I have the advance/A&A flat vending machines.

Because of the plexi-glass front and the metal back of the display area, the tape is really only to keep the displays from falling over and covering each other.

The machine pretty much holds them up.

So, I put only a VERY little bit of tape on my displays and have never had a problem.

Just a little piece on top and a little piece on bottom.

And because I use so little tape, if I do tear "the back" of a display, it's not ruined.

It is so unnoticeable even the less-attractive backside of the sleeve can usually still be used since the taped area was so small to begin with...and the bottom of the sleeve is usually covered when sitting all the way at the bottom of the plexiglass, so only the top really matters.

I'm no "veteran", but what I've been doing these couple of years is using regular old scotch-tape.

I make sure to tape it onto the backside of the display with a portion of the sticky side of the tape facing the plexi-glass.

Then I can just stick the display on the glass to keep the display in place.

Since the tape is only on the back-side, I don't do much damage to the display when/if I have to pull the tape off.

If it's a two-sided display, I just consider "the back" whatever side I (or my kids) like the least.

I have the advance/A&A flat vending machines.

Because of the plexi-glass front and the metal back of the display area, the tape is really only to keep the displays from falling over and covering each other.

The machine pretty much holds them up.

So, I put only a VERY little bit of tape on my displays and have never had a problem.

Just a little piece on top and a little piece on bottom.

And because I use so little tape, if I do tear "the back" of a display, it's not ruined.

It is so unnoticeable even the less-attractive backside of the sleeve can usually still be used since the taped area was so small to begin with...and the bottom of the sleeve is usually covered when sitting all the way at the bottom of the plexiglass, so only the top really matters.

Try laminating the displays. It is usually low cost and they will last forever!!

As I'm getting more and more into vending flats, I'm finding I'm having a problem with the displays. I mount them on the display board with some double-sided tape, but when I try to switch out the displays for new ones, I find that I pretty much have to ruin the display when I peel it off the tape.

What do you veteran venders do for this? I'm considering mounting some sort of shallow pocket on the display board. The thought is I would put the mounted pocket at the bottom of the display board, then insert the display into that pocket. I'm thinking of cutting about 1/2" to 1" off the bottom of a narrow manilla envelope and using that as the pocket. That way the pocket and the display will fit in between the display board and the plexiglass window.

What kind of machines are you running? We have NW, Advance & Allstar. We just put the displays behind the plaxi and leave it. No need for tape.

Mike

Try laminating the displays. It is usually low cost and they will last forever!!

I considered laminating early on...but declined when I realized I didn't need the displays to last forever...just until the series is discontinued.

Tattoos & Stickers are constantly being discontinued which renders the display pretty useless afterward.

So for me, taping just a little on top and bottom works to keep the display in good shape long enough to outlast the run of that particular sticker/tattoo.

However, for some stickers/tattoos I carry that seem to be having a longer run than normal AND happen to be good sellers, I think I will follow your suggestion and laminate those particular displays to keep them from getting too bad.

THANKS!

Lowes or any hardware or home improvement store should have it.

Lowes will cut the glass to whatever size you need at no extra charge.

Others may do it too, but never tried anywhere else...but I know Lowes does for sure.

i only use displays that are flat and if i cant get them i print my own and tape them in if where you get your supplies sell anything for the tommy machines ask them for flat displays sometimes they have them. none of my racks have the metal holders i think it looks much better with out them

i only use displays that are flat and if i cant get them i print my own and tape them in if where you get your supplies sell anything for the tommy machines ask them for flat displays sometimes they have them. none of my racks have the metal holders i think it looks much better with out them

Ummmm....

I'm talking about the displays for flat products like stickers and tattoos.

What kind of machines are you running? We have NW, Advance & Allstar. We just put the displays behind the plaxi and leave it. No need for tape.

Mike

I don't know exactly what brands they are, since I got them all used. However I think one is a Brand brand 4-column. They all have the same features tho; laminated display board behind a plexi window. I can't just slide them in there tho, because every time I come in to service, they have shifted around and inevitably one falls behind another.

Lowes will cut the glass to whatever size you need at no extra charge.

Others may do it too, but never tried anywhere else...but I know Lowes does for sure.

Yes, Lowes will do it. I recently replaced some vista cab panels with some plexi I got from Lowes. Turns out, an 18" x 24" sheet of plexi will cut down to 8 9" x 5 1/2" panels, which is enough for 2 machines. I got the 0.220 (3/8") thickness and it fit beautifully. The guy at lowes cut them all for me with no extra charge. The plexi sheet was $18, so it's about $2.25 per panel. Don't know if they are cheaper through A&A or not.

Mike

+1 on this. My displays come on 1 sheet that I place behind the Plexiglas. What exactly is "falling behind each other"?

Sent using Tapatalk for Android.

+1 on this. My displays come on 1 sheet that I place behind the Plexiglas. What exactly is "falling behind each other"?

The displays will shift around. I've had some that fell over and went horizontal. I believe the kids would bang on the plastic to make them fall over. Thus, one would be in front of the others, or would "fall behind the others". Of course, this is only for the 4-column machine.

The displays will shift around. I've had some that fell over and went horizontal. I believe the kids would bang on the plastic to make them fall over. Thus, one would be in front of the others, or would "fall behind the others". Of course, this is only for the 4-column machine.

Oh ok. I see what you mean now. I've never had that happen but I would imagine a little piece of tape would fix that.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android.

Archived