Computer Upgrades

The Mage

I have been upgrading my computer recently. I decided to run 2 monitors, and as a result needed a new video card. Well I couldn't get it to work, until I noticed it required an additional link to the power supply. (This only took me 2 hours to figure out.)

Well I had the cable to attach to my power supply to the card, but it was packed away in a box the last time I moved, and it took me at least another hour to find the thing.

My last computer had an secondary hard drive in it, and I moved it to my current computer when I bought the thing. (This is actually the way I move all my data when upgrading computers.) Well that was a 350G hard drive, and I just upgraded it to a 2T internal. (Newegg deal.) Once I figured out how to partition it, I found out how much things have evolved. Was super easy to do, compared to years ago.

This leaves me with 3T internal.

The final upgrade was a wireless keyboard and mouse combo. My first was a Rocketfish, (Best Buy brand,) but it kept skipping the first key I typed, so I returned it and traded up to a more expensive Logitech. (I thought about getting a gaming keyboard and mouse instead.) This keyboard has not had the skipping issues, and is so much better then the one that came with my ASUS. (I don't know why, but their keyboard is terrible.)

Anyway having 2 monitors is a definite improvement. Especially when working on things that require switching from one page to another.

I have been upgrading my computer recently. I decided to run 2 monitors, and as a result needed a new video card. Well I couldn't get it to work, until I noticed it required an additional link to the power supply. (This only took me 2 hours to figure out.)

Well I had the cable to attach to my power supply to the card, but it was packed away in a box the last time I moved, and it took me at least another hour to find the thing.

My last computer had an secondary hard drive in it, and I moved it to my current computer when I bought the thing. (This is actually the way I move all my data when upgrading computers.) Well that was a 350G hard drive, and I just upgraded it to a 2T internal. (Newegg deal.) Once I figured out how to partition it, I found out how much things have evolved. Was super easy to do, compared to years ago.

This leaves me with 3T internal.

The final upgrade was a wireless keyboard and mouse combo. My first was a Rocketfish, (Best Buy brand,) but it kept skipping the first key I typed, so I returned it and traded up to a more expensive Logitech. (I thought about getting a gaming keyboard and mouse instead.) This keyboard has not had the skipping issues, and is so much better then the one that came with my ASUS. (I don't know why, but their keyboard is terrible.)

Anyway having 2 monitors is a definite improvement. Especially when working on things that require switching from one page to another.

This is interesting. I've recently downgraded to a 4in screen. My phone now gets more use than my (home) computer, and I'm a Linux geek. But since Android is a flavor of Linux, I've not abandoned it completely.

This is interesting. I've recently downgraded to a 4in screen. My phone now gets more use than my (home) computer

Same here. Since I got this phone, I think its such a pain in the golpher to fire up my home computer.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android.

Archived