Tool to Compare Machines?

BobTHJ

First post here - glad I stumbled across these forums :)

Does anyone know of a good tool to compare / search various models of machines based on factors such as dimensions, capacity, vendable products, user reviews, etc.? I'm finding many potential customers have specific requests (want a machine that will fit in a specific floorspace, or that will vend certain size bottles, etc.) and it be nice to have a resource to quickly scope out the top few models to fill the requirement.

Thanks in advance for the help!

You can look for a AM bluebook which should help some. You can check NAMA's website which will give you a listing of NAMA listed machines. You can also look at manufacturers or distributors websites to get an idea of what is out there. But I think you have probably stumbled across the resource you are looking for right here on this forum.

There are so many variables in a machine and anybody can make a pretty website. I get calls all the time from people who buy off of pretty websites and are left with nothing but junk and empty wallets.

Ask your questions here. Tell us what your are looking for. You will get good answers that will allow you to make an educated decision.

Thanks Technivend for the response!

Presently I'm looking for a bottle vendor (water, juice, sports drinks) that has a width under 30". A can/bottle combo would work fine. I was looking at the Selectivend CB300 as an option, though I really know nothing of the quality of this machine. Anything about the same size would be acceptable and my preference is to purchase a used/refurbished machine rather than a new one. Opinions?

Thanks Technivend for the response!

Presently I'm looking for a bottle vendor (water, juice, sports drinks) that has a width under 30". A can/bottle combo would work fine. I was looking at the Selectivend CB300 as an option, though I really know nothing of the quality of this machine. Anything about the same size would be acceptable and my preference is to purchase a used/refurbished machine rather than a new one. Opinions?

im pretty sure any machine that is a bottle vendor can vend cans too but may need some shims. A dixie narco 276E should fit the dimensions you specified. I think its a little under 30" w

Lets back up ,why do you need a small machine? Personally I am not interested in doing accounts which cant support a 368 machine. I have a few 276 machines and they dont make me very good money. Why? well one machine the location is slow. The other machine the location is very good volume but I have to service it at least every week if not 2x a week. If i put a larger machine like a 501 i could do it every 2 weeks and make a lot more money. Unfortunately the account wont let me put in a larger machine. Also you cant have 8 selections. In the good accoutn they ask me every week to add coke and sprite. Well I already have pepsi, dew, diet, punch, rt beer and cherry. These all sell very strong. So i have to take a risk of pissing people off taking one out, or pissing people off by ignoring the requests. What if I take out diet and sprite ends up being an even worse seller.

If you put in a machine thats too big the worst thing is you service it very infrequently. A 368 fits through most doors, an experienced machine mover can make it work.

Lets back up ,why do you need a small machine?

This customer (a large motel) doesn't have room for a full size machine in their lobby (and I'm worried an unsupervised outdoor machine might be vandalized). I realize a smaller machine will empty quickly and may have to be serviced multiple times per week. In this case that isn't much worry as the motel is just around the corner from my office/warehouse. If it were some distance away I would be much more hesitant to place a small machine.

This customer (a large motel) doesn't have room for a full size machine in their lobby (and I'm worried an unsupervised outdoor machine might be vandalized). I realize a smaller machine will empty quickly and may have to be serviced multiple times per week. In this case that isn't much worry as the motel is just around the corner from my office/warehouse. If it were some distance away I would be much more hesitant to place a small machine.

are u set up to do 3rd party or full service vending? if so just set it up that way and let the bottler worry about the machine getting busted up . most motels here have 3rd party machines outside the office.

Archived