What Makes Vending Coffee, Vending Coffee

coinvestor

Is it the grind, the roast? Can I buy it and grind it in a store like Walmart? If I do buy it at Walmart, do I do a coarse or fine grind (I am guessing coarse? Vistar only carries a 24lb case and I don't need that much.

Thanks

JD

Is it the grind, the roast? Can I buy it and grind it in a store like Walmart? If I do buy it at Walmart, do I do a coarse or fine grind (I am guessing coarse? Vistar only carries a 24lb case and I don't need that much.

Thanks

JD

This depends on what type of coffee machine you are talking about. But It is for the most part the grind.

In a full-size standalone coffee machine we do not let the water and the coffee steep long enough to use a regular grind. The cut must be finer in order to get the extraction we need without making it bitter. Too fine and you will jam the brewer, too coarse and you will make weak coffee.

On a pour over the grind is more like your drip coffee maker at home.

The Brio or Saeco type machines make a expresso based coffee and then dilute it to make an American type coffee.

What type of coffee machine are you using?

This depends on what type of coffee machine you are talking about. But It is for the most part the grind.

In a full-size standalone coffee machine we do not let the water and the coffee steep long enough to use a regular grind. The cut must be finer in order to get the extraction we need without making it bitter. Too fine and you will jam the brewer, too coarse and you will make weak coffee.

On a pour over the grind is more like your drip coffee maker at home.

The Brio or Saeco type machines make a expresso based coffee and then dilute it to make an American type coffee.

What type of coffee machine are you using?

Full size stand alone.

Thanks for the help guys! Mission, how fine? Can I just buy the ground coffee and use it?

Thanks

JD

If you are talking about RTU Folgers then it will work in a pinch but, like Bill says, will tend to brew on the bitter side. It'll work better if you run the Folgers through a grinder for about 10 seconds it will make it brew a better cup.

I tried several ways of doing this before I went back to just buying the case. The best results I had were buying whole bean and grinding them myself about 1lb at a time.

Archived