Merlin IV - Out of Order

Boazcat

I walked up to one of my machines today and it is flashing 2 lights in front and scrolling "out of order." I can't find any help with the instructions on machine.

It is cooling fine. bill validator won't accept anything and all coins drop straight into coin return.

I've unplugged and replugged everything I can find.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Michael

What lights were flashing? My Merlin IV's don't have any lights except for the display lights.

JD

My bad. I looked at the Merlin IV's at my first stop today and noticed they do have a sold out light and a exact change light. I never noticed them before which is bad because I use a lot of these machines. If it says out of order that means there is an error code generated. What is the error code?

• 3 weeks later...

On Merlin IV's that usually happens when the logic board is dropping 24v. If you could give us a call, we have a tech who works exclusively on Merlin's who would be more than happy to troubleshoot that board for you. Let me know if there are any other problems you may have and I will get back to you with an answer. Either call the number in my sig or email me and we'll get back to you. Good luck to you!

Archived