Bulker Looking To Get Into Fulline

mainor5251

I currently do bulk vending part time. I've considered the idea about doing full line in the past but always made excuses not to or to at least hold off. I also work at a state prison full time and have recently been asked to throw together a proposal to do a drink and a snack machine in the training bldg. The building has a class of 15-20 plus at least 2 instructors 5 days a week for are annual training classes, also anytime there is a new recruit class they are in this bldg, they also have career development courses in here every once in a while, not to mention the special functions like on holidays and our gym facility is in the same bldg. It currently has a cheap combo machine that always seems to be empty and the bill validator is always out of order. It also doesn't have the single most popular drink around the prison and thats Monster energy drinks either. Would have to pay commission, I'm thinking 10%. At first glance does this look like a good enough opportunity to get my feet wet in full line.

I currently do bulk vending part time. I've considered the idea about doing full line in the past but always made excuses not to or to at least hold off. I also work at a state prison full time and have recently been asked to throw together a proposal to do a drink and a snack machine in the training bldg. The building has a class of 15-20 plus at least 2 instructors 5 days a week for are annual training classes, also anytime there is a new recruit class they are in this bldg, they also have career development courses in here every once in a while, not to mention the special functions like on holidays and our gym facility is in the same bldg. It currently has a cheap combo machine that always seems to be empty and the bill validator is always out of order. It also doesn't have the single most popular drink around the prison and thats Monster energy drinks either. Would have to pay commission, I'm thinking 10%. At first glance does this look like a good enough opportunity to get my feet wet in full line.

are they getting 10% now, if so ask to see the records. if not i'd approach with caution

see if you can get away with getting a drink machine in there first and a snack machine

based on the revenue of the drink machine. With ONE snack machine you can end up with a ton of spoilage problems unless the volume is really good. If you can try to get a 3rd party drink machine because you will need something multi-price even used can set u back

800-1k

are they getting 10% now, if so ask to see the records. if not i'd approach with caution

see if you can get away with getting a drink machine in there first and a snack machine

based on the revenue of the drink machine. With ONE snack machine you can end up with a ton of spoilage problems unless the volume is really good. If you can try to get a 3rd party drink machine because you will need something multi-price even used can set u back

800-1k

they own the combo machine right now so they are making all the money but machine is always broke down and the officer that is responsible already has enough to worry about and don't want to mess with it. I don't think they will go for 0% commission.

they own the combo machine right now so they are making all the money but machine is always broke down and the officer that is responsible already has enough to worry about and don't want to mess with it. I don't think they will go for 0% commission.

find out what the gross revenue is currently and then decide if its worth it.

your cost of goods will be about 1/2 your gross give or take a little.

rememebr you will prob to invest in a bit under 2 grand worth of equipment

plus several hundred dollars in product to stock the machines. So make sure you are satisified you can make your money back in an amoutn of time you are comfortable with. Getting a machine from the bottler will reduce

that equipment cost by half or more, but you wont necessarily make as much profit either. Also consider you will need to get a few snack machines up and running quick or honor boxes out in the field to deal with product spoilage. Theres a lot of long dated products

but to fill a 35 select machine you will still end up with spoiled pastry and stuff.

First welcome to the dark side. Hehehehe :-)

Dogcow has it covered. If you are going to get into fill line you need to commit to getting big enough to reach critical mass, being able to get enough turns to manage out of date concerns. Typically that means 8-10 locations. IMO its one of the biggest mistakes people make getting in, they dip their toe in to see if they like it with one or two locations and get eaten alive with out of date product.

thanks for you input dogcow, and mission. Considering your input it looks like the only way I'm gonna be doing full line anytime soon is if I can get a 3rd party machine from coke and I doubt one location is gonna support any case minimum they might have and not worry with the snacks right now, so for now it looks like a very slim possibility.

thanks for you input dogcow, and mission. Considering your input it looks like the only way I'm gonna be doing full line anytime soon is if I can get a 3rd party machine from coke and I doubt one location is gonna support any case minimum they might have and not worry with the snacks right now, so for now it looks like a very slim possibility.

you're in florida right? whereabouts? i got a drink machine i can give you a nice deal on if you can move it, bottle machine..its older but gets the job done.

North Florida- Panama City Area

nm, thats too far, wouldnt be worth your time..

anyway if you want to "test the waters" in full line vending. try placing some honor boxes, that way you will get your volume to a good point where you can support adding one or two snack machines at a time. If you only have weekends theres plenty of places that work for honor boxes open on weekends (its not all just offices) walk-in clinics, veternarian office, retail stores, barbershops/nail salon...etc..

Archived