best place to put coins during collection

kandyking

I have noticed that the old quarters weigh more than the new ones. I handled a 2012 quarter this afternoon and it felt like play money. The feel is why I stopped to look at it while counting. Does this throw off the formula? I don't have enough that I can't manually count it(yet).

• 2 months later...

I went to my local wallmart today, and in the luggage/totes aisle, there is a section for travel accerssories where i found 2 items of interest; one was a $4 zip-up pouch containing 2 travel shoe bags with drawstrings, made of black vinyl and measuring 9" x 15", which are perfect for carrying coins; the other item was even better... a $5 black laundry bag, made of the same material with a drawstring and measuring 15" x 21", enough to fit a whole coin tray; both items are black vinyl with drawstrings, just what i needed to carry my coins; unfortunately they only had one of each item, so i'll be buying a few more when i find them in stock

What is the formula in weighing it and how do you figure that out? I have been told that is the most accurate method.

I use a accu count scale,,no formulas ..You just calibrate the scale to the weight of the quarter..I dump the quarters in pan and it tells me how much money is there..qtech scales will do the same..

ron

www.blazingquarters.com

i get the big cloth money bags from bank for free,,i do a lot of cranes so i can put bill stacker inside bag and pull bills out of stacker without letting location see the dollars,,then dump quarters in bag on top..I have simple spreadsheet on my phone to enter counter numbers in crane to give me my total so i don't need to count,,i then pay location out of dollars(used to reach in hip pocket and pay with 20s but i incorporated and now my bank makes me deposit everything!! won't let me change bills/quarters for 20s without depositing them first) from bag..If its just bulk ,same bag just weigh it and give them theirs out of loose quarters..

never never never never get location used to rolling coins,,i did that in beginning and when i changed it took forever to get them used to loose change,some still complain..I even have a coin roller by glory at the shop and i don't want to mess with it...by the time someone sits down and rolls those quarters at a location i could have already serviced another stop. Kills me when see some amusement guy sitting behind his hand crank Klopp rolling 4-500 in quarters for the location!!

ron

www.blazingquarters.com

• 6 months later...

I bought these bags a while back. They are ok but he tie strap is pretty flimsy. I eventually had a tailor custom make me some bags out of heavy canvas that were larger in size to handle my big locations with out having to use more than one bag.

http://banksupplies.com/bags-and-accessories/canvas-bags/large-canvas-bags-ties-100.html

I use a qtech scale for the locations that require me to give a report on location but otherwise I grab and go.

my wife got me a bag at hobby lobby. it is tall and slender with handles. the coin tray for a 1800 triple fits in the bag perfect. I dump the coin tray, count in the car, dumb in a jug and move on. works great. it cost 1 dollar.

I use a scale to weigh the money in each spot, estimate to within a dollar or two and dump into a canvas bag. I use canvas bags I keep in a service bag. I bought the scale and the bags from Factory Express, they are reasonable and you will get years on use out of them.

I use a empty gumball box that I glued all the seams together. The narrow side fits around a NW 60 quite well, just hold the box With one hand a scoop the quarters in the box With the other. Once I'm back to my truck I transfer the quarters to a empty peanut m&m bag.

• 1 year later...

What size do you use? I was thinking 12X20 maybe?

why buy bags?? every time i make a deposit at my bank i ask if they got some extra bags they can give me, i bank at 3 different banks for different stuff so i have never bought a bank bag as they give them away free.

why buy bags?? every time i make a deposit at my bank i ask if they got some extra bags they can give me, i bank at 3 different banks for different stuff so i have never bought a bank bag as they give them away free.

Wish our bank did. We buy from an online store bank supplies.com

Archived