Locating services a good idea or bad?

chrestos

Hi I am trying to start up a small candy vending route to make a little side cash...I have seen some sites that will sell the machines with locations is this a waste of money? Or a good idea for starting out? 

Also I am looking at the machines that spin and hold 4 or 8 types of candies they seem durable and a good way to offer a variety or bulk treats..I found someone selling some near me that has them listed at $200 per machine which seems like a bargain?:huh:?

1. The location included machines are an overpriced bizop with poor locations and crap machines. Stay away

2 those 4-8 ways are most likely uturn brand- crappy machines that hold way to much- some if your product could go bad sitting there. 200 is also way too expensive

My advice- get machines made by aa global, oak mfg, eagle, beaver, or northwestern. All make great stuff.

Put them into 2 -4 to a stand and run gum, candy, and toys thru then for smaller locations, and put them in 6-14 to a stand for big places like buffets and supermarkets

Run mostly toys , and flat like sticker and tattoos

Add 1 gum and 1 candy selection

Also for big places add stuff like interactive gumball, novelty machines, etc

Also put cranes and pusher in big places like supermarkets and buffets and laundrys and bowling places if they are legal in your area

If you want used try to stay under 20-25 per " head" or individual machine if in good condition ie complete and paint is good

If you want new go direct to mfg and call them up or email them ask for a price list and call to order

Same deal if you need parts for a used machine.

Never use resellers, they are overpriced

For toys and stickers use aa global, TNT, flatline, cardinal

There are more suppliers I'm sure the others will chime in

If anything I just said is confusing just ask

Also the back posts here are very useful, I recommend reading them

Oh, btw, welcome to vendiscuss

Also the pros on here that do Bulk vending full time mostly only do toys, flat, cranes, redemptions, gum, and very little candy

That should tell you where the money is

Buy used machines off Craigslist, ebay, or from users of this board in the classified section. Then, if you either are not good at obtaining locations yourself, or you just don't have time to locate, use a locating service. Two of the most common you'll hear about on here are Kickstart and Locators R Us. You'll find plenty of bad and good things said about both. I've used both, and I prefer Kickstart. Others prefer LRU. Still others hate locating services completely and do all of their own locating. It's your business, do what suits you.

is this a good price on used beaver machine?:huh:?

......HAVE ABOUT 15 MACH LEFT .... LOW MAINTANCE MACHINE................

..................1/2 ARE BEAVER MACH ... COST $12O NEW . ....COMMERCIAL GRADE ............
....THE WHITE MACH ASKING $ 75 PER HEAD $10 FOR STAND.. BUY 2 .. ONE STAND FREE.....
BUY 1 OR 2 OR ALL .. SEE HOW MUCH MONEY YOU CAN MAKE .. 4 TO 1 RETURN ON PRODUCT....
.......IF YOU DO THIS BUSINESS RIGHT.. YOU CAN MAKE A GOOD LIVING .. IT'S ALL UP TO YOU........

is this a good price on used beaver machine? :huh:?

......HAVE ABOUT 15 MACH LEFT .... LOW MAINTANCE MACHINE................

..................1/2 ARE BEAVER MACH ... COST $12O NEW . ....COMMERCIAL GRADE ............

....THE WHITE MACH ASKING $ 75 PER HEAD $10 FOR STAND.. BUY 2 .. ONE STAND FREE.....

BUY 1 OR 2 OR ALL .. SEE HOW MUCH MONEY YOU CAN MAKE .. 4 TO 1 RETURN ON PRODUCT....

.......IF YOU DO THIS BUSINESS RIGHT.. YOU CAN MAKE A GOOD LIVING .. IT'S ALL UP TO YOU........

To answer you main question, It depends on what they are,

as many machines used beaver mechs even though they were built by someone else.

I try to pay around $20-25 a head used for Oak, Eagle and A&A.  For Northwestern, about $30 a head and Beaver, I'd pay up to $40.  I use LRU because they've been pretty good at finding quality locations, they're cheap (around $25/location) and because they support the forum.

I'd recommend avoiding triples, Uturns, etc.  I know some folks really like them, so it's not necessarily a bad idea; but, they're not as versatile as single heads; which you can convert to or from single, double, triple, racks, etc!  I started off with the same perception of more selections equals more money, but after the years it's not worked out that way for me.

Bottom line:  The best advice anyone can give you is to keep your cash in your pocket until you have reads lots of threads on this business.  It's NOT easy money; we work very hard to make it work.  If you're unsure if something is a good deal or not, post it and we'll chime in.  Don't get too excited and end up getting ripped off!  I'd recommend buying ten units or less to start off to see if it's really something you want to continue or not; then you don't have too much time and money wrapped up into it, if it doesn't work out.

• 2 months later...

I have been in business since 1995 and have placed all of my machines myself but I have been looking for a good reliable company to do it for my and it looks like LRU might be that company.

Thanks

I don't believe u turns are crap. Yes you will lose candy due to spoilage if you over fill it as with any machine. 200 for a u turn is high. 50 to 100 for a u turn and anything over 150 for an eliminator or terminator would be to much. If you wait for a deal on ebay or Craigslist you will find on. Or just message the seller and say this is what I'm willing to pay. Most times the seller will take your offer.

For Bulk Vending:  Go door to door and ask each location the you are considering yourself.  Grab the phone book and call every biz in the categories that interest you.  Same with a google search: ie: pizza and call each one in your area.  This is work, but your locations will last and your relationship with your locations will start off as it should, with a solid foundation.  All a locater can do is take your money to do the same.  When you have over 100 machine, then maybe get a locater..

Archived