Tough World.

jerrybrooksvendall

Hey all...Just thought I would vent a little since I'm losing my mind on this stuff.I resigned from going door to door looking for a new customer and resorted to telemarketing.I'm actually glad I did,its resulting in the same results without the use of precious fuel for my car.the answer is either a resounding no,or a call back to talk to the manager.I didnt get the sale but I praised one restaurant that actually called me back!I have another prospect..and his excuse is he is waiting for another vendor to pull his broken down machine,in which i can put mine in.I keep calling the guy,he has my phone number to call me back..his poor waitresses are his answering service..when they call for him in the background..i hear them talking.He's either too busy,or hes convienetly not there...he acts like im with the mob or something... i dont know..i will just keep trying.. 

Hey all...Just thought I would vent a little since I'm losing my mind on this stuff.I resigned from going door to door looking for a new customer and resorted to telemarketing.I'm actually glad I did,its resulting in the same results without the use of precious fuel for my car.the answer is either a resounding no,or a call back to talk to the manager.I didnt get the sale but I praised one restaurant that actually called me back!I have another prospect..and his excuse is he is waiting for another vendor to pull his broken down machine,in which i can put mine in.I keep calling the guy,he has my phone number to call me back..his poor waitresses are his answering service..when they call for him in the background..i hear them talking.He's either too busy,or hes convienetly not there...he acts like im with the mob or something... i dont know..i will just keep trying.. 

What drives me crazy about sales are people who waste your time with one stall or another. They either cannot make a decision or are just unable to say no. I have taken the position that there are only two acceptable answers. One is yes, anything else means no. I may miss the occasional person who has a real reason to put me off, but I avoid a lot of frustration.

Follow ups are the most important part in my opinion if you cant close on the first solicit.

I agree but for us it's also the tough part. Most areas we only go to every six to seven weeks. For proper follow up you almost need a sales person that just closes deals.

Take the machine in with you. Place where it fits in and the idea will present itself as you make your presentation. If they immediately start saying no way, etc., ask why and say look how nice this fits here!

update...well i have a new customer..not exactly what i was trying to push for,it was only a single that i sold.But,it renews my faith in telemarketing for bulk..I used to do it long ago for pop and snack machines,but this is my first time telemarketing for bulk!!! The battle goes on to find homes for these vendstars!!

If you call to much they will get angry. Go down there after 930 am, before 11:15, after 130 pm, and before 4.

Those are slow times for restaurants.

I now use your times as my guidelines to go and talk to the client.If they give me all talk about corporate has to make a decision..whats the success ratio on that?

Telemarketing does work; as evidenced by the numerous locating businesses that have been discussed on this forum. If you're good at it, then you're saving yourself a ton of money by not hiring a telemarketer to do it for you.

Archived