DN501E Water

vendamania

Trying to figure out what water to go with for a DN501E.I believe machine is set up for 20 oz bottles. I want to go with spring water and looking at Deer Park 20 0z. or maybe Poland Spring.

How will Deer Park vend in my 501e? Or what is the best water to vend in these machines?

You are on the right track with Deer Park water but you want to vend the 16.0 oz bottle as it's designed with ribs on the bottle so it holds it's shape when it gets cold.  If your machine is set up for 20 oz bottles then you can add this to a narrow column by adding a can shim to the right side of the column and a rod and spring to the vend rotor, then making a depth and motor cam adjustment.  If your column is actually set up for cans now then you will only need to put in the rod and spring.  You may have to hunt for the 16.0 oz bottles.  Try Walmart, Sams Club, Vistar or something like Smart and Final that supplies products to small grocery stores.

If you have no luck finding the 16.0 oz bottles then you'll want to avoid the Deer Park 20 oz and either use Dasani or Aquafina, but the bottles must be hard when you buy them off the shelf so you'll know they are charged with nitrogen to keep the bottles hard.

• 2 weeks later...

I found 20 oz. deer park water on SAMs website and it was "bragging" then it vends. Is this possibly a newer bottle design or they just think it should vend? Also will Pepsi just sell a few cases of aquafina or is there a minimum order requirement?

The 20 oz bottles from Deer Park won't vend properly regardless what they claim about their bottles.  You need to use the 16.0 oz bottle that is ribbed to stay firm in the machines.  Look also for a 20 oz bottle of Deja Blue that is available here through Vistar.  They are good bottles for vending.

Archived