Gumballs at Sam's club

Candy Kevin

I did notice that Sam's club was running a sale and had free shipping on those and now they are just in stores. That was several days ago. Dubble Bubble is also raising their prices 5% at the factory on Jan 1st. I was looking into buying enough for free shipping and selling what I wouldn't use in 6 months and he let me know.

I buy from sam's club for some gum, but not much. I get mine from a local grocery store that sells it to me at 5% above cost from Ford. Sometimes it pays to ask what they sell for in bulk, but it doesn't beat Sam's. 

All Sam's Club products have a number. At times the manufacturer wants to change the bag size or color so therefore that new bag gets a new number. When the Sam's Club employee in member services goes to look up the status of the bag that is gone it'll say discontinued. They probably will have the new bag on the shelf within a week.

Managers make calls on which items there store wants to carry. Some places move certain items others don't move. That's why I can go 15 minutes from one Sam's to another and find different items. You can do a ship to store from the other store but for the couple days wait, I'll just drive.

Some times they actually have the item in the back or in the front of the store for Halloween or another holiday.

Selling candy pretty much means I live at Sam's Club during the week.

• 1 month later...

I went to SAMs here and did not see the gumballs anywhere, asked the director and he told me we don't sell those anymore. I asked what the hell do you mean you don't sell them anymore, he didn't know why. Went to another SAMs in town and they had a few boxes and I bought 5 boxes. The tag says they are being discontinued, asked them why and no one knows why. This is the best product for profit for all of us if you sell gumballs. I would like everyone to call SAMs at 888-746-7726 and ask them to get them back on the she,vets along with Mike and Ike's and Hot Tamales. SAMs is making it more difficult on me and I know I am not the only one that get upset about this. I am on hold now on the phone, Merry Christmas!

They may just not sell enough.it's all about floor space. If you call direct tho double bubble, they'll tell you if Sam's is permanently discontinuing them, but I talked to them a month ago and at that point they weren't.

He did say the price was going up 5% though.

Maybe just changed the skew?

Archived