Dixie Narco 501 Cam Wont Stop Rotating

I've tried resetting the machine ... I've removed and reassembled the cam ... no matter what I do, as soon as I load some cans and press that selection (or motor test) the cam keeps turning repeatedly and drops all of the cans out - and keeps turning until I unplug the machine.  Any guidance?  Thanks!  (picture of the cams included here - the one not working is on the far right)

Since that's a single price machine go to the offending motor and make sure that all three motor switch connectors have captured the side terminals of each switch. If one hasn't then that can cause this issue. If they are all connected properly then you either have a bad or broken motor brake or a bad motor switch. I have those parts if you need them. Email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I was fooled ... I *thought* the issue was fixed but it's doing the same thing, so I guess I have a bad motor switch and/or brake?!?  Randy, can you help me out here?  I really need to get this fixed ASAP as this is a pretty solid account and (of course) the bad motor is on the highest selling item.

I can send you a replacement.  Send me an email to rbepic4gatgmaildotcom.

Randy, I emailed you a couple days ago ... please let me know if you can send these parts out to me so I can move on if necessary.  Thanks so much!

Randy, I emailed you a couple days ago ... please let me know if you can send these parts out to me so I can move on if necessary.  Thanks so much!

Good luck, never got a reply from him for my parts after several weeks.

I have same machine and similar problem.  My problem is on the #2 column it vends as soon as you put money in.  It vend automatically every time without touching any of the selections.  I found the problem through process by elimination.  Here's how it went:

I disconnected the switch behind selection, it was still vending.  So I plugged it back up.

I disconnected the switch on the motor, well then the machine wouldn't take any money.  No dollars no coins.  So I had to plug it back up.

I disconnected one of the main wires going to the motor.  The machine would then take money and it quit vending out of the #2.

Now, one wire on #2 motor is disconnected so it is out of order, but you can buy anything else out the other columns.  I'm assuming the switch on the motor is the problem.  Now while I appreciate AZVendor's help, I don't like the part ordering process.  Email someone?  No, tell me where can I order this.  I want to see a picture of this part so I know what I'm getting.  I want to order this now and it be at my house ASAP.  There has to be a website somewhere.

I have same machine and similar problem.  My problem is on the #2 column it vends as soon as you put money in.  It vend automatically every time without touching any of the selections.  I found the problem through process by elimination.  Here's how it went:

I disconnected the switch behind selection, it was still vending.  So I plugged it back up.

I disconnected the switch on the motor, well then the machine wouldn't take any money.  No dollars no coins.  So I had to plug it back up.

I disconnected one of the main wires going to the motor.  The machine would then take money and it quit vending out of the #2.

Now, one wire on #2 motor is disconnected so it is out of order, but you can buy anything else out the other columns.  I'm assuming the switch on the motor is the problem.  Now while I appreciate AZVendor's help, I don't like the part ordering process.  Email someone?  No, tell me where can I order this.  I want to see a picture of this part so I know what I'm getting.  I want to order this now and it be at my house ASAP.  There has to be a website somewhere.

It can be one of 3 switches. Is it a single, double, or triple switch? If you can provide that info, I can take you right the page to order.

• 8 months later...

I have the same problem described by SmithBay. As soon as the money is inserted the machine dispenses without making any selection. Ordered a vend motor and switch to replace the existing.  Switching off the switches with a known good one yielded the same problem (dispensed as soon as monies inserted without making a selection) so I presumed it was the vend motor. Haven't received it yet but, waiting to see. It was cheap enough. SmithBay, let me know what your thoughts are on this. was your issue resolved with the switch replacement?

If your vend motor coasts too far then the motor could restart upon the next credit set.  Otherwise you either have a stuck selection switch or a bad selection switch. 

Archived