Free Quarters

Kevinator

I recently bought a bunch of junk that was stored in a barn. Bought it for the locks and pipestands, the machines would take a lot of work to restore, more than I am willing to do. Anyhow, there was about 40 machines that had $6.25 in quarters in them. This has actually happened to me twice, the other time there was maybe $2 in 20 machines.

I am sure this has happened to others here. Does anyone want to share their biggest take.

I wonder if anyone has bought a bunch of stored machines that had a bunch of money in them

I've done this a few times, and not only with bulk machines.

Recently bought 8 soda and snack machines at auction. Paid $100 a piece,so was already a great deal. One shia machine still had its changer full. $75 in that one.

Bought a soda machine from a guy who owned his own gym. Excellent deal on a DN501E for $400. He loaded it up and when I got home it still had $100 in the change box.

Bought a couple doubles and a single head with stands from a second hand shop that also did vending in a little town. Paid $90 and found $25 in the UNLOCKED machine lol.

My best one though was from an animal farm that used machines to raise awareness for their cause. They sold me 5 36" tall 2" capsule machines for $150. Came with quite a bit of product left. Also you could hear the quarters rolling around. The guy even said "You could probably 2 your laundry with the quarters in this machine". Boy was he right. I pulled $280 from all 5!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I had a couple of drink machines with over $200 in them that came as spares when I bought a route. Went to offsetting the costs to move the machines from his shed to mine. I also bought a bouncy ball machine run from the same guy. He later remembered there were two more machines at locations that had closed down or didn't want them anymore. One had it out in their back store room. I can't remember exactly, but there would have been at least $180 in there.

I bought 100+ U-turns in Memphis for $1000 one time. They were the 8 selection machines I can't recall how much was in the but every one of them had a few quarters, I sold them suckers fo $80ea if you bought 10 of them. I was rolling in cash for a little while " made enough money to buy Miami but I pissed it away so fast"

I went to Memphis to pick up 2 machines one time in a snow storm, I paid $50 each for them. There was about $60 something in them. I ended up stuck up there for 3 days you could get around Memphis but the roads home were closed, I like Memphis when there aren't people everywhere. Same with the beach. I like going in January and February lol  

I bought 100+ U-turns in Memphis for $1000 one time. They were the 8 selection machines I can't recall how much was in the but every one of them had a few quarters, I sold them suckers fo $80ea if you bought 10 of them. I was rolling in cash for a little while " made enough money to buy Miami but I pissed it away so fast"

I went to Memphis to pick up 2 machines one time in a snow storm, I paid $50 each for them. There was about $60 something in them. I ended up stuck up there for 3 days you could get around Memphis but the roads home were closed, I like Memphis when there aren't people everywhere. Same with the beach. I like going in January and February lol  

My brother lives there down the street from Elvis! Snow storm in Memphis lol. I do remember it tho

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

I bought a  bigger-sized gumball machine for $50 once (pictured on the left). Guy pulled out the coin box (located just below/behind the NW front) before I left, and there was nothing in it. Get it back to the shop, and sometime later while I'm moving it around I hear something rattling around in the very bottom. Well, it was a pain getting down inside the bottom there, but once I did I found just shy of $70 in it among the debris. It's not everyday that a machine pays for itself, but when it does...

769753402098a5a209554c234f0886e0.jpeg

Archived