I have some snack machines with old metal 27v MAKA validators in them.  I want to start updating them.  I have one 24v Mars 2412 validator that I want to put in the first one.  The problem is that I don't know what to do about the bezel.  The old MAKA bezel won't fit on the newer Mars validator.  What can I do to make the Mars fit in the hole either with the bezel that came with it or is there bezel for the Mars that will fit in the MAKA hole?

Or do I have to bring the machine back to my shop and cut the hole out bigger?  (I hope not).

Thanks for your help.

Edward

MAKA bezel to Mars validator.jpg

The proper thing to do here is to say what model machine is in there. Unless it's a certain model USI, most machines can be modified with new brackets so you just need the right harness and the mars will fit. That's always step #1.  Btw, I think some late model makas had modern bezels but i think they were rare. I have never seen a maka fit a mars though.

The 3129 is an HR32 which should have a full face cutout for a validator.  If you only removed the small portion in your pic then maybe the rest of the validator bezel is still mounted to the hole.  You will need to use a snack bezel from Mars that holds the validator away from the inside of the door.  If you put a bottler bezel (with flashing arrows) on it then the body of  the validator will interfere with what's on the back side of the door.  If you don't have a full face cutout then you have an odd model of the 3129.  There were some USI snack machines that could ONLY fit a Maka, period, but yours shouldn't be one.  However, the L after the model probably means it's a Lance machine and so it could be one that can only fit a Maka.

• 1 year later...

It IS an old Lance machine and apparently only fits the Maka....until I got my power tools out.

It fits now.  I made two tiny brackets to help hold it in place.  It's been working great for a while now.

Archived