Newbie here. How many of you have locations making $80-$100/week and what type of locaion

Rube

I'm trying to learn as much as I can about the vending industry before I jump in. I was wondering if anybody here makes $80-$100 a week and what type of location do you have your machine at. Also what type of machine is it as far as # of selections, brands you sell, size and what price do you sell it at?

I dont think anybody will answer your question.

but hell with it I will answer a little I have a machine that makes 80-100 or more a week

placed at a gym

it is a jofemar combo plus

I put protein shakes, waters, recovery and performance drinks, hansens soda, bunch of bars (clif, builders, supreme), pirates booty

I price everything really high cuz its in a nice country club so a 25cent bottle of water I sell for 2 bucks.

feed the troll

I have a pretty laid-back school (for higher learning) that has something in the range of 90 students and 60 staff and they do a little over $100 on average ( year-round average, including summer break and winter break and holidays ).

On the other hand, I have a blue-collar fabrication shop for industrial vehicles and it does a little over $40/week.... with 10 employees!!!! It's not your 80-100 range but just imagine if I had 20 employees in that shop, it would easily be in that range.

It's really hard to say as demographics are the key to everything. The more social the place is, the more snacking that seems to happen. The harder they work, they more they buy. The shorter their break, the more they buy. The more white-collar they are, the more likely they are to go out and eat and be too good for your machines!

I also have a delivery account with like 80 employees that does over $100/week. That account is a mixture though and the sales vary.... depends on if they are out working or hanging out around the vending machines when they have no jobs to do.

I'm trying to learn as much as I can about the vending industry before I jump in. I was wondering if anybody here makes $80-$100 a week and what type of location do you have your machine at. Also what type of machine is it as far as # of selections, brands you sell, size and what price do you sell it at?

I work with a lot of vendors. Many of them have machines at locations that do $50 a week and they feel its a keeper as long as it is a can vendor or older machine. During the summer you hope drink machines can bring you $80 to $100 a week. If there were set rules on how to judge an account before installing a machine I would share it with you. There are common sense things such as don't put a machine outside of a building in a bad area.

I would suggest you go to NAMA and read some of the information available there. Also on this forum you can read so much in the previous postings and download information. You can also get free information from Automatic Merchandiser on line. They have the current edition and many back issues available.

Hope that helps. You are in the right spot to ask some questions.

Archived