Vending Article CNBC

Poplady1

Neat story but I don't have sympathy for other vendors with stories like these. During a good economy, he was doing better. During a bad economy, he's not doing so well anymore. This has been happening to every business and for this guy to say he was making the same profit 4 years ago with 60 machines as he does now with 140 machines, I say tough luck!

However, I hope that EVERY BUSINESS improves in the near future. I think that it takes a little bit of everyone to make the economy come around, and we (vending operators) depend on those businesses to bring us income.

Maybe I sound a little harsh but I'd rather see a story about how a person has managed to cut costs throughout the recession or something like that. I guess I'm just weird.

when he said that vending is hurting and that he has to do so much more work to make as much as he did a couple of years ago.... i know it is a reality but it hurt my feelins! why cant people buy drinks for 3 dollars a pieces and every account make 300 dollars a week! WHY!

when he said that vending is hurting and that he has to do so much more work to make as much as he did a couple of years ago.... i know it is a reality but it hurt my feelins! why cant people buy drinks for 3 dollars a pieces and every account make 300 dollars a week! WHY!

I hear ya.....I do know Bill. He started and just kept on going piece by piece while working full time. Then he hired a route helper and another then the economy just tanked On the other hand lots of vendors have just built new routes in this economy. They take accounts that downsized from 200 employees to 80 or 90. Then they outfit it correctly (not to many machines). And they have themselves a good account that just might grow once things get better.

I have been seeing your pick ups. You are going to be a good vendor and it sounds like you will be getting additional education.

Archived