Dollar Coin Minting Suspended?

coinvestor

Got a couple of those fancy new bill recyclers on 2 of my bevmax machines.

What type of recylers are you using? Was it worth the investment? Is there a type or style you recommend?

@ coinvestor

The "recycling" cartridge holds about 30 bills and can be set for either 1 or 5 so if you set DBV to take a 20 then you would be better served by loading the cartridge with 5's. It will give 3 5's and 4 in change in the scenario you mention

Wouldnt that mean you still need dollar coins to pay out the $4 part of the equation or would that part be paid out in all quarters?? I have had a few clients ask about these and wanted some input from vendors using them in the field.....

Both machines have 4 tube mechs but I have never filled the dollar tube and I've never had a problem running out of change. So yes they will get 4 in quarters.

Don't really get that many 10s and 20s, mostly 5s.

Thanks for the info!!

Got a couple of those fancy new bill recyclers on 2 of my bevmax machines.

Did you use change machines before? Were you able to eliminate them by using recyclers?

Are the bills escrowed in the recycler so that either a purchase must be made or the same bill is returned if the return button is pressed? In other words, the customer can't just use the recycler as a changer.

Are your recycler machines banked with other machines?

Has your customers ability to break larger bills had a positive impact on the sales of the recycler equipped machine or possibly the machines that are grouped with it?

Thanks

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

Did you use change machines before? Were you able to eliminate them by using recyclers?

Are the bills escrowed in the recycler so that either a purchase must be made or the same bill is returned if the return button is pressed? In other words, the customer can't just use the recycler as a changer.

Are your recycler machines banked with other machines?

Has your customers ability to break larger bills had a positive impact on the sales of the recycler equipped machine or possibly the machines that are grouped with it?

Thanks

Kevin

Did not have change machine there prior to installing recyclers.

The machines, like most of my machines, are set to force vend.

Both are in DN glassfront drink machine and have a 5W snack next to them.

With these two locations its really hard to tell, sales are very variable. I am averaging 300-400 a week in 10's and 20's so obviously I'm getting the bills, just don't know if I'm getting sales that I normally wouldn't or if I'm just getting larger currency.

When I put the debit/cc readers in the machines the increase was much more noticeable.

Did not have change machine there prior to installing recyclers.

The machines, like most of my machines, are set to force vend.

Both are in DN glassfront drink machine and have a 5W snack next to them.

With these two locations its really hard to tell, sales are very variable. I am averaging 300-400 a week in 10's and 20's so obviously I'm getting the bills, just don't know if I'm getting sales that I normally wouldn't or if I'm just getting larger currency.

When I put the debit/cc readers in the machines the increase was much more noticeable.

Very good info! Thanks.

What is your criteria for upfitting a machine with a recycler? Is it the price points of the items vended? Is it the volume of vends? Is it the type of account, such as a factory or school where travel is restricted?

Based on your experience with these two locations and, given your stated cost of $800 each for the recyclers, are you looking to expand their use in other locations?

Thanks again,

Kevin Wing

Very good info! Thanks.

What is your criteria for upfitting a machine with a recycler? Is it the price points of the items vended? Is it the volume of vends? Is it the type of account, such as a factory or school where travel is restricted?

Based on your experience with these two locations and, given your stated cost of $800 each for the recyclers, are you looking to expand their use in other locations?

Thanks again,

Kevin Wing

Don't have a specific criteria, just wanted to try a couple. Prices range from 1.50 - 3.25. At the 800 price I don't think I will put any more out, taking coin,1,5 and debit/cc I don't think I will miss too many sales. If I got a couple of refurbs for half the price I might think about adding a couple to my other high volume locations.

Archived