ap 7600 drop sensors question: (Revision Door)

Can someone tell me, if the red light is on, located on the drop sensors, what does it mean? What if the light is no longer on? My sensors seem to go bad quickly. I had sensors replaced, and two weeks later they aren't working, meaning, no one is getting guaranteed vends. Can someone explain 1. what the lights mean, and 2. if you have sensors go out on you a lot and if they are worth replacing over and over and over and over and over and over and...

Upon checking their website ( http://www.veii.com/new_technology/ucb ) I re-checked videos that I had seen before discussing the two lights at around 5:30 to 7:00.

Basically, from how I understand it, the red light means that the delivery door is CLOSED. Once you OPEN the delivery door ( to grab your product ) the light should turn green when it is approximately 3/4 of the way open.

It is possible that you or someone else installed the magnet improperly and it needs to be adjusted as the sensor senses the magnet.

From what I understand, the drop sensor does 2 things:

1) it lets the machine know when the door is open or closed

2) it lets the machine know when a product has tripped the sensor

Why the machine needs to know when the door is open? I don't know... but apparently it does. Your red light SHOULD be equivalent to "closed" (door is closed) where as green should be "open" (door open). Maybe, just MAYBE, the green light is designed to keep people from accidentally tripping the sensor or trying to trick the sensor by opening the door or something... I don't know, you really need to just call VE and ask them what's going on but red should be a good thing unless you open the door all the way and it remains red.

Sorry, I don't have a revision door but I have seen these videos numerous times.

I have half a dozen machines with the universal control board from vendsys and their drop sensor. In the last 6 months I have gone thru atleast 10 failed drop sensors. The red light means that the detecting beam is working and nothing is in the beams path. If it is flickering or out then the board is bad. The green light is triggered by opening the delivery shoot. There should be a magnet on the shoot which triggers the board.

John

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I have never bought them so I don't want to tell you whether to replace them or not, unless they are under warranty!

However, what I WILL say is that if they definitely aren't working properly, it's better to have NO drop sensor than a BAD drop sensor.... reason being is that a machine that has a drop sensor set to OFF (literally, on the board it is disabled) will vend just like most vending machines would do normally with the infrequent hangup... but a machine with a drop sensor set to ON that isn't working properly will result in the occasional failed vend AND the occasional free vend (due to the sensor not sending the real drop)... end result - mad customers + free vends = bad for you!

To sum that up, if the sensors don't work hardly at all, disable them or get them replaced... just don't leave them on while they are faulting out... I had a Bevmax that had a bad sensor and it was giving free vends sometimes or it wouldn't vend anything (due to a different problem resulting in the product not coming out). I chose to replace the sensor which solved the problem.

Was your bevmax problem the cup sensor?

No, it was the port sensor. My bevmax is one of the original versions that came without a cup sensor. Since some of the gates weren't vending properly, sometimes it would vend nothing into the port, which is where the failure of the port sensor caused the machine to either give no product or give product with a refund.

The sensor was just called a "vend sensor" but I have upgraded this machine to what is now referred to as a "port sensor" which is essentially the same thing.

Was just wondering..... Had a cup sensor go bad and it drove me crazy for a couple of days figuring it out about a month ago. On a 5 month old machine with 12K in sales on it. If you had experienced the same problem I would wonder about a design issue or simply a bad batch of sensors.

Was just wondering..... Had a cup sensor go bad and it drove me crazy for a couple of days figuring it out about a month ago. On a 5 month old machine with 12K in sales on it. If you had experienced the same problem I would wonder about a design issue or simply a bad batch of sensors.

Now that's some nice numbers!

Just wondering? NO SOUP FOR YOU! However, I do not think it was an issue related to yours.

To get back on topic though.... as I said, better to have the drop sensor ability turned OFF than have to rely on a faulty sensor ;D.

• 3 weeks later...

My sensor is under warranty. I haven't changed out the sensor just yet - it is sitting in my car and will be changed in a few days. However, in the meantime, I changed the settings in the machine to ALL DROP SENSOR = 0. It was on 4. Is 0 correct?

Assuming the board and drop sensor were made by VE, you may need to contact them to confirm this if you don't have a manual. Contact whoever manufactures the board and drop sensor.

You could always do a pretty quick test:

1) Empty a selection (or use a selection that is already empty).

2) Put your money in to buy that empty selection.

3) Watch the machine vend NOTHING and say "Thank you" or whatever to complete the vend.

This would almost certainly confirm that the drop sensor is OFF

Assuming the board and drop sensor were made by VE, you may need to contact them to confirm this if you don't have a manual. Contact whoever manufactures the board and drop sensor.

You could always do a pretty quick test:

1) Empty a selection (or use a selection that is already empty).

2) Put your money in to buy that empty selection.

3) Watch the machine vend NOTHING and say "Thank you" or whatever to complete the vend.

This would almost certainly confirm that the drop sensor is OFF

Thank you, I'll do this. See, you're not so angry AngryChris.

Archived