DN 5591 Issue

I have a DN 5591 (Actually 2 of them) that have the same problem. Each has one selection that will not vend, when you try to purchase that selection, it says to select another item, but I can do a test vend and it works just fine. I thought that maybe it was just an error or a sold-out condition that needed to be cleared, but nothing I have tried is working........I tried cycling power, resetting/clearing errors but no change.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Travis

That is a very odd problem.... and I am about 99% sure that my advice will not work but.... make sure the price is correct. I don't recall ever programming a glassfront like that but it may be possible that the prices were messed up and it's set for an amount that makes it impossible to vend. Just change the price to something else (like $1.00 or .05, 0.25, etc....) and try it again and see what it does.

It's a long shot but it should be an easy thing to try to do.

Most machine nowadays can work in test vend and not in regular service. The reason is that when the machine is in test vend it doesn't care about sense circuits or if a motor is there, it just sends power. While in vend mode the machine wants to know that the machine is there before attempting to make a vend. I don't have any manuals with me so i would look at the wiring to the selection or if there is a way to "configure" or "count" motors in the programming.

I had the same problem. I did a reset then reprogrammed the prices etc....

Worked but is kind of a pain.

Jpb

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

A full reset? I was hoping to avoid that, but I guess it would only take about 10 minutes to reprogram....I guess it's actually quicker then spending 30 minutes tracing wires.

I will try and let you know how it goes.

Travis

A full reset? I was hoping to avoid that, but I guess it would only take about 10 minutes to reprogram....I guess it's actually quicker then spending 30 minutes tracing wires.

Travis

Yah. I had the same mindset as you when it was suggested to me. But it really doesn't take that long.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk

I would check the connection of the harness for that row going to the solenoid of that problem selection, and the harness end connecting to the board. The reprogramming is a good idea. You can also try unplugging your drop sensors if you have them hooked up, power down the machine, then try vending with the drop sensors unhooked. Sometimes those sensors mess up the oddest things.

Travis

Would be my first try, has fixed the problem for me a couple of times as well. Seems somehow the board "forgets" a selection for some reason. I think its caused by voltage irregularities. After you get it going put a good surge suppressor on it

DING.....DING......DING

A reset back to factory fixed the problem with both machines.

Thanks for the help

Travis

Great, now if you could only create a step-by-step guide for humans, we would have a cure for Alzheimer's.

Archived