MAKA NB2-14c-400

EddieMac

I have three (two in machines and one spare) MAKA NB2-14c-400 27volt validators that are no longer working correctly. I was told they are pretty much obsolete. Is there a way to replace them with a Coinco or other brand of validator?

They will go in USI 3129L snack machines.

Thank you for your help.

I have three (two in machines and one spare) MAKA NB2-14c-400 27volt validators that are no longer working correctly. I was told they are pretty much obsolete. Is there a way to replace them with a Coinco or other brand of validator?

Thank you for your help.

I believe you would need a new harness for this but, from what my distributors have told me, USI kind of has a monopoly over parts nowadays and you should try calling USI to see if they have any harnesses for this or ask some distributors...

MAKAs are definitely obsolete but you could always have them serviced and just put them back in. This is a good option if you absolutely cannot find parts to upgrade the machine.

Thank you for your help.

With the serial number and a picture of the front of the machine it may be possible to change something. But without seeing what you are upgrading it will be hard to guess.

If this machine has a SMIII system, then you probably need two mounting brackets, a data harness, a power harness, a Mars 110 volt power harness, a filler plate if you have a 2501 style opening, and appropriate screws.

The 3129L isn't an SM3 series. It is an HR series and the L may indicate a Lance machine. I have seen some HR machines that can and some that can't. Even those that show they can be done in the manuals cannot always be done. It is a crap shoot and better to due the research before just spending money.

I am not familiar with the HR controller, and so am not sure what would be needed if conversion was possible. I do know that with SM3 systems, conversion is fairly easy on most machines with the parts I listed above.

Do you guys know if a National 147 is totally compatible with the UCBs(Universal Control Boards) from Vendors Exchange? It says it's compatible but VE told me that, on the Rowe series for example, some of the machines have different boards that were not compatible with their technology even if it is the same model.

I'm trying to purchase a National 147 for dirt cheap, gut the board, mech, and validator, and upgrade it all to MDB. It's probably a $500 upgrade to get the machine looking and functioning awesome again, assuming the drop sensors are decent and reliable.

Do you guys know if a National 147 is totally compatible with the UCBs(Universal Control Boards) from Vendors Exchange? It says it's compatible but VE told me that, on the Rowe series for example, some of the machines have different boards that were not compatible with their technology even if it is the same model.

I'm trying to purchase a National 147 for dirt cheap, gut the board, mech, and validator, and upgrade it all to MDB. It's probably a $500 upgrade to get the machine looking and functioning awesome again, assuming the drop sensors are decent and reliable.

I have purchased 4 na147's from vendor's exchange with the ucb upgrade, and did one on my own as well as I have done 2 ap123's on my own. The kit has everything that you need including a new display board. I have had nothing but problems with the drop sensors. Probably gone thru 10 failed boards. I am hoping that they get this problem solved soon as I have invested alot in their technology. They keep saying that they have solved the problem with the drop sensor boards, and but I don't believe it.

The ucb itself is nice. It's an easy upgrade.

Jpb

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk

I have purchased 4 na147's from vendor's exchange with the ucb upgrade, and did one on my own as well as I have done 2 ap123's on my own. The kit has everything that you need including a new display board. I have had nothing but problems with the drop sensors. Probably gone thru 10 failed boards. I am hoping that they get this problem solved soon as I have invested alot in their technology. They keep saying that they have solved the problem with the drop sensor boards, and but I don't believe it.

The ucb itself is nice. It's an easy upgrade.

Jpb

That's a shame.... I remember when AVT was trying to enter the vending market but their products were SOOOO BAD that they NEEDED drop sensors because the product failed to vend at least 10% of the time... which is HUGE!!!!!!!!! They started off by saying they were almost done testing their new drop sensors... then said they were finishing the testing... then waiting to ship them..... then waiting on shippers to ship them.... etc... Finally, people started saying "We will PAY for the shipping, just ship us the sensors!" only to find out that the sensors never actually existed and they simply couldn't make a decent drop sensor.... sounds like VE might be on the same deal which is a shame.

However, an existing NAT 147 I have has dual spirals and I think upgrading it with the UCB would be awesome and the dual spirals would mostly negate the need for a drop sensor anyway... except for those silly packaged nuts that always get hung up :P.

The tech support guy at vendors said that the problem is new as in this yr after their supplier of the boards sourced some of the parts from a new supplier. Don't know what to believe.. I want drop sensors that work. I have lss sized chips in a lot of my machines and they hang up often.

The tech support guy at vendors said that the problem is new as in this yr after their supplier of the boards sourced some of the parts from a new supplier. Don't know what to believe.. I want drop sensors that work. I have lss sized chips in a lot of my machines and they hang up often.

This year? Do you mean 2011?

Personally, I think VE will get their crap together eventually but I wouldn't believe everything they say. Maybe they are getting too big and some of us need to invest money into up-and-coming business ventures to create a level playing field with better competition.

I agree with AngryChris. Many machines don't even need drop sensors, like dual spiral machines. AP machines are the ones I have had the worst problem with products hanging up, especially on the candy trays. However, I pull the drop sensors off my machines, I don't even sell machines with the drop sensors, unless the customer specifically asks for them. They do fail easily, and often cause more problems than they are supposed to prevent.

I do some business directly with the owners of VE, and I will ask them about the drop sensor problem, and post their answer on here. I haven't had a lot experience with failing drop sensors, because I don't use them! I just pull them out the day they come in, and have a few for spares in case someone wants them. Once they get the bugs worked out, then I'll start using them.

I know the question has already been pretty much answered, but I just wanted to put in my second, and say the UCB will work on any National 147, and you shouldn't have any problems. I have never come across one that couldn't be upgraded.

Archived