Summer vs. Winter

Mooman333

I am curious how the winter months effect everyone's pop sales. I am noticing a 50% decrease in my first location. The other locations I have were placed during the winter so I can't really judge them yet. I'm trying to see what I can expect out of my new locations once summer hits.

Any body here notice any summer / winter patterns?

I am curious how the winter months effect everyone's pop sales. I am noticing a 50% decrease in my first location. The other locations I have were placed during the winter so I can't really judge them yet. I'm trying to see what I can expect out of my new locations once summer hits.

Hi, cold drink sale definitely drop off in winter months depending on how cold it gets in your area. Don't think to many people would be wanting cold drinks if it was snowing outside. It doesn't get that cold here but sales still drop off 20-30% depening on location. What we have to compensate for this is we also provide hot beverage machine's so when one side of the business drops off the otherside of the business pick's up.

The old saying is the cold drink sales sink in the winter and snacks rise in the winter.

My sales are lower overall in the Winter months as the cold beverage sales drop significantly but the snack sales rise a bit. However, the weeks before, during, and sometimes after Christmas are TERRIBLY slow for MANY MANY vending locations. Take those figures and ignore them completely, you need to compare the full month of February when it's arguably the coldest and worst part of Winter and compare that to Summer time (not including schools as they are out for Summer). Then you SHOULD find that your sales do not drop off as much as 50%.

My sales probably drop off by 20% at the most but the weeks surrounding Christmas can be 50% drops.

Its mainly outdoor locations I feel like that get hit harder during the winter. I have 2 swimming pool locations where the machines are just right outside of the pool so people can still buy drinks even if the pool is closed. My sales have decreased from the 120 range/month to around the 80 range. I am still pretty happy though with these sales during the winter months considering how cold it is and with the pool closed.

My indoor locations have been more stable.

One hint of advice, during the winter months watch out for diet drinks with their expiration dates. Don't put in too many and especially diet dr.pepper.

Archived