when locating for honor boxes...

shelara00

I do not think their manager will fire them for stealing a bag of chips from the snack box.

I think adding a personal touch is a good idea. Knowing who you are buying from makes you less likely to steal. If you remember that article from way back about the guy who sold bagels, at his office where they knew him the shrinkage was 2% but at different offices where they did not it was 15%. Knowing you are stealing from a person feels different than stealing from a machine or company.

In the end it does not matter what our opinion is on whether the info will help or not...it can be easily tested. Put out 20 with the info and compare theft rates with the generic versions...

A good manager will.

Most experienced managers know that someone who steals from anyone at the office will also steal from the company.

Most managers don't have the discretion to fire someone from stealing from someone else. Companies as a whole generally tend to only terminate employment when the theft is from their own pockets.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe most people are just good honest hard working people. The snack box business was the most profitable business I was ever in. It has a very low start up cost and like it was stated earlier once you become a real live human being to them it is hard for them to steal from you.

I believe most people are just good honest hard working people. The snack box business was the most profitable business I was ever in. It has a very low start up cost and like it was stated earlier once you become a real live human being to them it is hard for them to steal from you.

So far so good for my partner. Started Jan 20 and she has 23 boxes out. She brought in just around $1000 up to yesterday. Some locations are very very good and some are dogs. But then again thats just business.

• 4 weeks later...

So far so good for my partner. Started Jan 20 and she has 23 boxes out. She brought in just around $1000 up to yesterday. Some locations are very very good and some are dogs. But then again thats just business.

Oops...she didn't bring in that much money. Once she gets it all added up I will share it with you. Not not sure how she is entering her money into her books.

• 2 years later...

Archived