Why are people selling if they're profitable?

sighlent1

Hey....So you get the general idea by the topic on why I'm writing this post

I'm a newbie....If the vending machine business is profitable, even better, it's profitable passive income, then why are people selling their machines?

Any feedback is highly appreciated

Thank you!

Bob

Maybe its not as easy as many people though. Most people get sucked into there Biz-op deals where they are told they can make hundreds of dollars a week with only a few machines then when they realize its not true they want to get out.

That's a very good point.....I'm sure it's very easy for some to pick up a book on Bulk Vending, think that they'll be a millionaire in a matter of months, and soon realize that it takes time and effort to be apart of the business

Thanks for your post Nick!!!

Really there are multiple reasons. Not everyone is successful, some people don't get it, and never make any money at it.

Some expect success to be handed to them, and find out there is actual work involved.

Some people are successful, but at some point are just not satisfied doing vending.

Some people move, and can't do the route anymore.

Then there are those who are just trying to make their route more efficient. Maybe they don't want to travel as far as their route currently takes them, so they sell everything further then a certain distance.

Also they could want to increase their average per location, but some locations are still too good to just pull the machines, so they sell them off instead of pulling the machines.

Unfortunately there are too many people who got hit by a BizOp, found out it will be a decade before they ever make their money back, and then try to sell their route for 10 times what it is actually worth.

Define passive. Because driving to a location, servicing the machines, in sometimes bad weather, deciding the best products to put into the machines, dealing with store personel, vandalism, losing, getting locations etc... doesn't fit my definition of passive.

Anything but passive. It's income, often times it is better than we can find working in an abusive 8-5 job.

I'll be selling because I'm moving to another state. My business is profitable, most of my machines are high quality, and it's designed so it doesn't eat up tons of my time. It does still take a significant amount though. Vending being passive income is similar to a job being passive income.

Most people think it’s a job that doesn’t require any work or brains. When they find out all the work and brain power you have to use, they get rid of the route and take a loss. That’s where you and I come in. We ****** up the used machines from the naïve business owner. We’re not part of the lazy useless occupy movement that squats on public property. We’re the ones that want to earn a living. You know, those evil people that own a business.

It’s not just fill the machine, collect the money and sit on your lazy butt for the rest of the month. There’s quite a bit of work involved if you are serious about this business. It’s something like some our new younger posters. They want someone else to do the leg work instead of searching it for themselves.

Most of the people I bought from were either old-timers who were sick of it, or guys who were in over their head and needed out. Every now and then you find another vendor who just wants a string of machines gone for one reason or another, but that's a lot less common. In the end though, I would say it's mostly older guys who want out due to health reasons and whatnot.

You mean one of Obama's illegal czar's Jax? I have worked my rear off to create a semi-successful business. Like everyone said this is not easy work and failure is right around the corner. You cannot be an occupier to do this business or anything else; so all newbie's do your homework. Unless you are very fortunate it will take years to make a profit that you don't put back into the business. I am considering selling my business for the simple reason I want out of this cold climate. If I do someone will get a good deal. Simple as that.

Hard work and determination will take you a long way in life. Sitting on your butt and hoping for the best will get you nowhere. In my opinion if you treat vending like a business and not a hobby it can be profitable reasonably quick. Its all about staying motivated, not always easy but the payoff is well worth the hard work.

The great advantage of Bulk Vending is you can start with a very small amount of money and grow slowly. However, Bulk Vending is no different than other businesses as far as the dedication and hardwork it will take to build a business that will support you and your family. Sadly most folks starting out were hooked by a blue sky artist and the machines and locations they bought weren't worth a plug nickle from day one. Worse yet the buyer were looking for easy money and unprepared for the hard work.

The routes I have bought were sold because the operators were wanting to retire or the business had grow past the ability of the operators skill set. I have seen a lot of people taken by the con-men. Its always a sad story. And like I mentioned what the suckers bought was never worth anything and is unsalable. Sad.

You mean one of Obama's illegal czar's Jax? I have worked my rear off to create a semi-successful business. Like everyone said this is not easy work and failure is right around the corner. You cannot be an occupier to do this business or anything else; so all newbie's do your homework. Unless you are very fortunate it will take years to make a profit that you don't put back into the business. I am considering selling my business for the simple reason I want out of this cold climate. If I do someone will get a good deal. Simple as that.

LOL

Illegal czar's? Not sure. Is Indoctrination illegal?

Good luck moving south, Jim. But don't move to far south, I have enough vending neighbors - if you know what I mean!

One of the reasons why people sell them is because they don't like the work. It is work. Things are getting better for me though because a member on here taught me how to collect the coins from u turns. Now the service is much better, but Im gonna give A&A a try, Im ordering 6 machines tomorrow. Im gonna use my locator. My friend averages 37 bucks a head, so im excited to try the single heads. Can't wait to get this ROLLIN! Also, the reason why people sell is because they realize they don't want to do it forever. Even if you make money, not all your relatives will be impressed.

Actually, there is a lot of money in golf ball vending. Load up a Northwestern with those joke "never drive straight" balls, and sell them for $1.00 at a driving range- you'll make good money. The guy who operates there does a whale of a buisiness.

Glad things are working out for you JLM.

Archived