Breaking into the Full Line Business

Bryan

Hey there, recently I have purchased and am placing 9 triple head candy/gumbal machines and it's going great so far. I've been doing a lot of research over the past few weeks on full line vending as well and am currently looking into buying a soda machine. The idea would be this. My friend's uncle owns a self-serve car wash location that currently does not have any machine. My friend and I would split the cost to buy the machine and supplies and place the machine at the car wash free of commision.

Selling cans at $0.50 a pop, how many sales are realistic a week at a self serve car wash location? (I'm hoping someone has a similar location). I also understand that by going into this with my friend, I will only be getting half of the profit as well. I dont mind this, as I really just want to use this location/machine to test the waters of full line vending.

Is this a good idea? How long could it take to pay off the initial cost of the machine? Are there any other things that I'm not thinking of?

I appreciate all of the help from everyone,

Thanks!

Bryan

were in the country are you located.

In NYC and the surounding area we charge $1.00

the lowest i had seen it was 85 cents in a large factory doing propably $100 a week in sales

I'm just north of cincinnati ohio in the suberbs. I had jsut assumed .50 was a good price for a can, you think I can manage a dollar?

50 cents gives you low margins. soda cost at sams club are about 30-40 cents a can in nj and ny respectfully.

you are looking at 400 to 1000 for a good condition soda machine. outdoor ones are more expensive.

the best way to determine what you can charge is whenever you see a soda machine take a look at the price they charge

50 cents gives you low margins. soda cost at sams club are about 30-40 cents a can in nj and ny respectfully.

you are looking at 400 to 1000 for a good condition soda machine. outdoor ones are more expensive.

the best way to determine what you can charge is whenever you see a soda machine take a look at the price they charge

Are you saying 400-1000 people coming through? Just trying to clarify!

I will almost guarantee that a unattended self service car wash will have vandalism problems. Put extra locks on the machine before you even set it up. Don't think anyone will object to $1.00 a can, you will need the extra margin to do repairs to the machine.

Hey there, recently I have purchased and am placing 9 triple head candy/gumbal machines and it's going great so far. I've been doing a lot of research over the past few weeks on full line vending as well and am currently looking into buying a soda machine. The idea would be this. My friend's uncle owns a self-serve car wash location that currently does not have any machine. My friend and I would split the cost to buy the machine and supplies and place the machine at the car wash free of commision.

Selling cans at $0.50 a pop, how many sales are realistic a week at a self serve car wash location? (I'm hoping someone has a similar location). I also understand that by going into this with my friend, I will only be getting half of the profit as well. I dont mind this, as I really just want to use this location/machine to test the waters of full line vending.

Is this a good idea? How long could it take to pay off the initial cost of the machine? Are there any other things that I'm not thinking of?

I appreciate all of the help from everyone,

Thanks!

Bryan

Which area North of Cincy.

Which area North of Cincy.

I'm right up in the Mason area, are you familiar with that?

I will almost guarantee that a unattended self service car wash will have vandalism problems. Put extra locks on the machine before you even set it up. Don't think anyone will object to $1.00 a can, you will need the extra margin to do repairs to the machine.

That's a really good point, I honestly hadn't even considered vandalism

Take a quick drive around town to find out what price points are on the currently placed outdoor machines.

Here in East Tennessee, the average price for a can is $0.75. I would think Ohio would be higher since cost of living is higher there than here.

Do the research and determine if the location can justify the price point you want.

The Middletown-Dayton region seems to be .65 - .80 right now if you ask me. I think $1.00 is fine for the car wash.... most of the car washes seem to charge $1.00.

I would say if you could sell 200-300 each WEEK at $1.00/each, you'd be doing well... however, please get a nice used outdoor dixie narco or something!!! Forget the brand new stuff, no one cares at your car wash if the machine is brand new!

Archived