Dual spiral snack machines

If you ask me, dual spirals are way more reliable than single spirals because the dual spirals do not allow the product to turn sideways and out of the single spirals (i'm pretty sure you know what I am talking about with the product turning out of the single spirals and not vending, right?). So plain and simple, dual spirals allow the product to move STRAIGHT OUT and NO WHERE ELSE. However, dual spirals can fall victim to binding if you put product in too tight just like single spirals.

About the cons, I don't know. I honestly don't know of cany cons with dual spirals with the exception that, with 2 spirals (and thus, 2 ends of each spiral) product can occasionally get hung up and just sit on the 2 spirals instead of dropping down. This problem can happen with single spirals too though.

The only "con" really is that you have 2 spirals instead of 1 spiral for each selection... so repairing could potentially cost more but I believe this is nominal.

As for the AMS machines, if they have the sensit drop sensor, there really isn't any huge need for dual or single spirals.... as long as everything is loaded properly. I am leaning toward AMS equipment if I wish to buy new equipment, just because they have better prices and I would like to have a 3rd player in the game.

Hello, Dual spirals came out as the next best thing for snack machines, and they do help the product come out better than a single spiral snack vending machine. If it is in your budget dual spiral is the way to go because it will help the delivery of the product.

Hey there, with single auger machines there are a couple of things that come to mind. Violent shaking of the machine will result in the rascal getting several products that slip out of the single auger machine. Dual augers drastically reduces the rewards of violent shaking, therefore reducing violent shaking and abuse of your machine altogether. In a single auger machine, there are 2-3 different ways that a product can be inserted in the auger, but really only 1 correct way the product should be loaded to prevent hang-ups & jams. With a dual auger machine, there's only 1 way the product will load in the augers. If you have someone stocking your snack machines for you, it's easy for you to focus on your task at hand because you are aware that with a dual auger machine, there's only 1 way to insert the product into the augers. But if they're stocking a single auger machine for you, you're sweating bullets & stressing out because you don't know if they're properly inserting each product in the auger correctly.

To a vending patron, presentation & eye appeal plays a huge role in their decision to continually patronize your machines, and a dual auger machine showcases your snack items with a much more uniform and balanced look. I really can't think of any disadvantages of having dual augers right off hand...

I'm looking at an AMS 39640 and a National 157 snack machines and was wondering if there is anything special I would need to know about dual spiral snack machines. What are the pros and cons to this design?

If I had the option I would always go with dual spirals. They work better, the product looks neat and straight, people trust that the product will drop when they put money into the machine, saves loading time too. Of course, single spirals are going to be a part of our world simply because of the cost of the machines.

Archived