Special Requests

Shauna

While I try to reasonably meet special requests, this one is really getting on my last nerve.

One of our account is asking for Canada Dry club soda in the can. I know, VERY specific.

What is driving me crazy is that while I want to meet this special request, I can't find it anywhere. Not at Sam's Club, not at HT Hackney, not at Krogers, Food City, Walmart, GFS Marketplace or Aldi.

Might just have to go back to the account and tell them no-go.

What is the weirdest or hardest special request you've had asked by an account?

While I try to reasonably meet special requests, this one is really getting on my last nerve.

One of our account is asking for Canada Dry club soda in the can. I know, VERY specific.

What is driving me crazy is that while I want to meet this special request, I can't find it anywhere. Not at Sam's Club, not at HT Hackney, not at Krogers, Food City, Walmart, GFS Marketplace or Aldi.

So far I have not had any odd requests. If I had someone ask me for something like that I would just tell them that I do not have a supplier for that beverage so if they want it I can supply it but I would have to have a higher price on it than the other items (if it was an all can soda machine) If they still wanted it I would just pick up some soda from the local grocery store.

It's a Dr. Pepper/Snapple/7up group product, so if you care enough to spend a lot of time hunting down your local distributor you might be able to get your hands on it. Otherwise just tell them that there isn't any local distribution, but you'll keep checking on it. Thankfully I haven't had any strange requests, but in this area I'm expecting to get at least a few strange requests at some point.

I have an account with 25 people. Does maybe $100 per month. They want a credit card reader.

They got upset when i said that they dont do enough volume to pay for it.

John

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk

Find out how much it would cost you to add a credit card reader and the per transaction cost and tell them the per transaction would add approximately 10 to 15 cents per snack.Customers usually stop asking once they see how much it adds to the price.

John

how big is the account, is it a request by the boss? if ur not risking losing the acct over it, here is how i handle these

"hey XXX i hear what ur saying, but the thing is i have to buy in a big quantity to get the price low enough where i can make money...this would be the only location where i have club soda, even if you drink a lot of it what will happen is ill end up with a ton of this stuff expiring in my warehouse...so as much as id like to put it in there for you, its just not something i can do and still make money. If i get a few other locations asking for it, i'll be sure to put some here"

if its the boss and you are concerned about losing the location just put it in lol

The strangest request was not from an existing account. Had a Adult Video/Bookstore contact me some time ago about wanting to buy a snack machine and have me convert it to be able to sell their sex toys out of it and install a debit/credit reader. Seems they were having problems with pilferage and were wanting to have better control of the inventory.

The strangest request was not from an existing account. Had a Adult Video/Bookstore contact me some time ago about wanting to buy a snack machine and have me convert it to be able to sell their sex toys out of it and install a debit/credit reader. Seems they were having problems with pilferage and were wanting to have better control of the inventory.

ROFL

pretty ballsy to steal a sex toy, you wouldnt want to have to admit that when you ended up in jail

what are you in for?

car theft...

armed robbery...

shoplifting a dildo

I would just tell them that I can't get it if I honestly couldn't get it.. or I would ask them where they get it from. I can't tell you how many times I have had customers ask for something that they want because they can't find it!

The most crazy thing that I EVER got asked for was Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper (20 oz. bottle). I told the customer that we couldn't order it because none of our distributors had it... the response was "Oh, I'm not sure if they even make it."

Some customers think that all of the product comes out of one magical place and us vendors can buy whatever we want to buy at any given time.

Just ask them where you can possibly get it from. Let them know that if it's really out of your way, you won't make money off of it.

By the way, I WILL put my foot down to an account that's not all that great if they demand too many things (odd ball things) and have the mentally of "the customer comes first." The fact is, my profits come first.

I've come to the conclusion that if this is the straw that breaks the camel's back, I'll be more than happy to pull the machine and lose the account. It is not even in my top 10 performers. And they are the type to ask for weird, off the wall stuff on a regular basis.

But I will try to salvage the account by telling the boss (yes, it is the boss asking for this), that I can provide something similar in his breakroom fridge and invoice him for the product. If that will work, wonderful. If not, then we'll just see where it goes from there

Canada dry is on sale at Walgreen 3 12 packs for 10

Interesting.... I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

Unfortunately, that is ginger ale. I need club soda. But I appreciate you telling me.

Archived