Coastal Chocolate Crane

lakevending

Hi all, there is a Coastal Chocolate Crane on ebay near me. Condition is "acceptable" according to the seller. It has some cosmetic damage but is working. I believe it is a refrigerated crane from another listing although this seller doesn't mention it. Is this a decent crane manufacturer? I haven't seen Coastal mentioned in the other Crane discussions.

They are imported cranes toy soldier type

ICE re-labels them as thier own sometimes

on the back lower panel you will find the motherboard

there is a pusher motor that moves a plate back and forth

and the chute has a trap door that opens only when played on a timer.

the Refridgeration unit is on the lower right side there is a access door and a rear vent fans

i had one come in used and older the refridgeration didnt work

and the trap door did not work.

motherboard needed some re-work.

I sold it to a operator who converted it to a normal crane

the pusher part and most of the refrideration stuff can be taken out

add a plexiglas L around the chute.

There is a drip pan on the bottom for condensation that has to be emptied often or it will stain/leak

is a issue as well.

if you can try to have them email some pictures of the counters

and inside refrideration pictures dust will tell age there.

new they are great cranes for chocolate but with rising chocolate costs

and candybars going up and up in cost. it may be difficult to justify this type of crane.

bill

They are imported cranes toy soldier type

ICE re-labels them as thier own sometimes

on the back lower panel you will find the motherboard

there is a pusher motor that moves a plate back and forth

and the chute has a trap door that opens only when played on a timer.

the Refridgeration unit is on the lower right side there is a access door and a rear vent fans

i had one come in used and older the refridgeration didnt work

and the trap door did not work.

motherboard needed some re-work.

I sold it to a operator who converted it to a normal crane

the pusher part and most of the refrideration stuff can be taken out

add a plexiglas L around the chute.

There is a drip pan on the bottom for condensation that has to be emptied often or it will stain/leak

is a issue as well.

if you can try to have them email some pictures of the counters

and inside refrideration pictures dust will tell age there.

new they are great cranes for chocolate but with rising chocolate costs

and candybars going up and up in cost. it may be difficult to justify this type of crane.

bill

Thanks for the additional info guys. I might not be refrigerated after all. I found some listings on crane distributer sites that you can get that model with or without refrigeration. I do know that it's not the model with the pusher. That one's the Chocolate Fountain model. This one is a regular style candy crane. I was thinking that I would toss a regular candy mix in there and have some fun size candy bars in there too, but mostly regular candy mix. The candy bars can be like the MP3 players other vendors use in their plush mixes :) Even without refrigeration, it should still be fine indoors at the spots I want to hit to place it. I should be able to get it for less than $100 (possible much less) so even if I have to replace all the guts and the motherboard and repaint the entire cabinet if the cosmetics are bad enough to make it a necessity I figure it's still a smoking hot deal.

Thanks for the additional info guys. I might not be refrigerated after all. I found some listings on crane distributer sites that you can get that model with or without refrigeration. I do know that it's not the model with the pusher. That one's the Chocolate Fountain model. This one is a regular style candy crane. I was thinking that I would toss a regular candy mix in there and have some fun size candy bars in there too, but mostly regular candy mix. The candy bars can be like the MP3 players other vendors use in their plush mixes :) Even without refrigeration, it should still be fine indoors at the spots I want to hit to place it. I should be able to get it for less than $100 (possible much less) so even if I have to replace all the guts and the motherboard and repaint the entire cabinet if the cosmetics are bad enough to make it a necessity I figure it's still a smoking hot deal.

candy arm can pick up capsules as well, in my tinkering with it

Archived