Terminology question

Okay, that puts the prices in perspective that I've seen in some of the threads. I thought what I was reading seemed kind of high, I was wondering how anybody was making money with prices like that if it was for 10 or 12. 24 is a lot more product for the money.

A case is almost always 24 units. For bottles, you can generally only buy 20 oz. bottles in cases of 24. You can get 12-packs of soda all day long but when you buy a "case" of soda or water, it is almost always going to be a 24-pack.

There are exceptions. If you are ordering "cases" from sam's club, those are generally 36-packs for the cans but still 24-packs for the bottles. If you order a "case" of juice from many distributors, it can very well be a 12-pack. But for the sake of simplicity, the answer that you are looking for is 24-units per case.

A case is almost always 24 units. For bottles, you can generally only buy 20 oz. bottles in cases of 24. You can get 12-packs of soda all day long but when you buy a "case" of soda or water, it is almost always going to be a 24-pack.

There are exceptions. If you are ordering "cases" from sam's club, those are generally 36-packs for the cans but still 24-packs for the bottles. If you order a "case" of juice from many distributors, it can very well be a 12-pack. But for the sake of simplicity, the answer that you are looking for is 24-units per case.

What he said..... ;D

A standard "case" of soft drinks is generally 24, the Sam's packs are 32 or 36 depending on the bottler, but those are special packages made for the wholesale clubs. My Minute Maid juices come in 24 count case, Fuze and Sobe drinks are 12, I think it has a lot to do with the price, they cost quite a bit more than soft drinks and IMO they reduced the case size so we don't get sticker shock.

If you are not sure feel free to ask.

I think it has a lot to do with the price, they cost quite a bit more than soft drinks and IMO they reduced the case size so we don't get sticker shock.

If you are not sure feel free to ask.

I think sticker shock plays a factor but I think some of the slower-moving items with a shorter shelf-life are also put together into cases with lesser quantities. I think this is why certain brands of juice come in 12-packs. I could buy a 12-pack case of OJ and possibly not go through it all before it expires... and I could probably order a skid of mt. dew in cans and go through the whole thing!

Archived