Diet Coke or Coke Zero?

It will vary wildly by location. Coke has been making a big push on Coke Zero for a couple of years now and, in my area at least, its not having a significant impact on increasing the Zero market share.

For me Diet Coke overall outsells Zero by 2-3 to 1. However I do have a couple of locations where its the reverse. Go figure!!

I have several locations with Diet Coke that do well. However, one location sells Coke Zero head and shoulders above Diet Coke. It's all about trial and error.

I only have one location where I carry coke-zero and it's in cans. Overall though, in my area, I can promise you that diet-coke outsells coke-zero by a landslide. In fact, my sales between pepsi and coke are like this: Pepsi, Diet Coke, Coke, Diet Pepsi.

You can ask your customers what they would prefer. That is the best way to make sure you are providing what will sell.

For example, if I'm replacing a low/no selling drink in a location, I'll ask as many employees as I can to get their input to find out what they want in the machine. If it is something I carry in my other locations, awesome. If not, I have to weigh if that location can justify adding a new item to my product list.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are listening to the Coke reps, they are blowing smoke up your rear!!

For the longest time, my coke rep kept pushing me to stock coke zero. So I finally gave in and placed a machine with coke zero AND diet coke just to shut him up...

I stocked a full case of it in the machine. And 2 months later I had to pitch all but 3 coke zeros due to being expired. The 3 that I sold,happened to be the time that the Diet coke column was jammed.

And it was actually my first inside location averaging roughly 85-90vends a week...

I can't remember who it was, but a member on here was at the Indy 500 either last year or the year before and the track personel were practically giving the coke zeros away because no one was buying them.

coke make 3rd party machines stock it in my area.

The last 3 machines I had gotten from them, it was either, order 3 cases of coke zero per machine, when you ordered your machines and stock coke zero in the machine, or take a machine with coke zero graphics.

I took the graphic machines and put them in inside locations...

I can't remember who it was, but a member on here was at the Indy 500 either last year or the year before and the track personel were practically giving the coke zeros away because no one was buying them.

That probably was some kind of giveaway promotion. I have had a booth at the local business expo for the last few years, every year I ask my Coke rep for some giveaways to use. Except for last year they always give me Coke Zero. Instead of Coke Zero last year they gave me the new Dr Pepper 10 calorie that they were introducing.

I monitored just for fun, a BevMax which does about $150 a week. I monitored it for two weeks. I sold about 2 cans of Diet Coke during that time. Its the only diet soda I sell in that particular machine, and I don't sell any other diet drinks or sodas, except Diet Pepsi. Some accounts do well with diet soda, but its hard many places. I don't think I'll ever try the Coke Zero. I don't do third party vending, so I don't have requirements to meet.

Archived