It's about time I introduce myself...

Esko

Hi everyone, my name is Rick and I have been combing the forum for about 5-6 weeks. There is a lot of knowledge to soak up here. First off I would like to thank you all for offering so much valuable advice to help each other out. I have been in sales my whole life and have never encountered such a willingness to help others, especially potential competitors. Sure I have witnessed a few trolls here as well but overall seems like a great group.

I was born and raised in California. I am married with 4 kids. My primary reason to get into vending is to get my kids involved with a real life business that interests them and teaches them business practices they can apply in their future. Unfortunately we can't rely on the public school system to produce anything but employees. That being said education is still important and we will need all the help we can get to pay for college. I operate two companies that I started several years ago. One is a construction design/supply business which is near a full time job. The other is a web based software company that required countless hours initially but now nearly runs itself. Both of these businesses would be really boring to teach my kids. I also want them to be a part of the process from the very begining. Well I've rambled on long enough... just wanted to say hi and look forward to getting to know all of you.

Rick

My primary reason to get into vending is to get my kids involved with a real life business that interests them and teaches them business practices they can apply in their future. Unfortunately we can't rely on the public school system to produce anything but employees.

Vending is a great industry to use in the manner you described.

My 2 kids have been a part of my vending biz since day-one and really enjoy it.

Welcome aboard.

Glad to have you here.

Oh....and nice avatar.

KEYSER SOZE!

Vending is a great industry to use in the manner you described.

My 2 kids have been a part of my vending biz since day-one and really enjoy it.

Welcome aboard.

Glad to have you here.

Oh....and nice avatar.

KEYSER SOZE!

Thanks Sherlock thats good to hear.

and about the avatar... isn't that a great movie!

Hi everyone, my name is Rick and I have been combing the forum for about 5-6 weeks. There is a lot of knowledge to soak up here. First off I would like to thank you all for offering so much valuable advice to help each other out. I have been in sales my whole life and have never encountered such a willingness to help others, especially potential competitors. Sure I have witnessed a few trolls here as well but overall seems like a great group.

I was born and raised in California. I am married with 4 kids. My primary reason to get into vending is to get my kids involved with a real life business that interests them and teaches them business practices they can apply in their future. Unfortunately we can't rely on the public school system to produce anything but employees. That being said education is still important and we will need all the help we can get to pay for college. I operate two companies that I started several years ago. One is a construction design/supply business which is near a full time job. The other is a web based software company that required countless hours initially but now nearly runs itself. Both of these businesses would be really boring to teach my kids. I also want them to be a part of the process from the very begining. Well I've rambled on long enough... just wanted to say hi and look forward to getting to know all of you.

Rick

Welcome friend.

Welcome!

Thank you! Really glad I came across this place. I can't imagine how tough it would have been to learn all of this the hard way! Really makes you respect the pre internet Veterans!

Do u happen to play golf.... Some great course out in that area

No, I have never golfed. I should learn. I have been invited several times to play Pebble and Spyglass. Personally, you're more likely to find me at Laguna Seca checking out the races.

No, I have never golfed. I should learn. I have been invited several times to play Pebble and Spyglass. Personally, you're more likely to find me at Laguna Seca checking out the races.

We'll be out there this summer, checking out the bay. Will hopefully be doing the aquarium.

We'll be out there this summer, checking out the bay. Will hopefully be doing the aquarium.

Nice! The weather is the best here in August and early September. A lot of people think June - July but usually it's still foggy. The Aquarium is definitely a must. If you tell me the kind of things you like to do or the type of foods you like I can point you in the right direction. If you plan on golfing and don't want to spend an arm and a leg check out the Pacific Grove links. http://www.pggolflinks.com/ I think its around $40/person.

Nice! The weather is the best here in August and early September. A lot of people think June - July but usually it's still foggy. The Aquarium is definitely a must. If you tell me the kind of things you like to do or the type of foods you like I can point you in the right direction. If you plan on golfing and don't want to spend an arm and a leg check out the Pacific Grove links. http://www.pggolflinks.com/ I think its around $40/person.

No worries Esko. My wife and I are native to the SF Bay area and are familiar with all the various things. But golf is not something we ever got into doing.

We will be going back to visit family, and doing all the fun stuff that we can't do here in Texas. My kids are a fan of those haunted investigation shows, so I want to take them to the Winchester Mystery house, and the haunted Toys R Us in Cupertino. We'll be doing Pier 39, Santa Cruz Boardwalk, etc. Beyond that, we'll be going to visit family and friends in Modesto, and the east bay. We'll be staying at my folks' place in San Jose while we're there.

No worries Esko. My wife and I are native to the SF Bay area and are familiar with all the various things. But golf is not something we ever got into doing.

We will be going back to visit family, and doing all the fun stuff that we can't do here in Texas. My kids are a fan of those haunted investigation shows, so I want to take them to the Winchester Mystery house, and the haunted Toys R Us in Cupertino. We'll be doing Pier 39, Santa Cruz Boardwalk, etc. Beyond that, we'll be going to visit family and friends in Modesto, and the east bay. We'll be staying at my folks' place in San Jose while we're there.

Nice! Sounds like a good time. You know, Monterey also has a Ghost Trolley. It's a tour of various haunted places in Monterey. They also have a Ghost Walk tour. I don't know if it's cheesy or not but sounds like it may be worth looking into.

Is the Wooz still there? I grew up in the SF Bay Area and remember visiting the Wooz and the Mystery Spot. Winchester Mansion is pretty awesome too.

Is the Wooz still there? I grew up in the SF Bay Area and remember visiting the Wooz and the Mystery Spot. Winchester Mansion is pretty awesome too.

Don't know the Wooz. I've heard of the Mystery Spot, but never been there. Maybe I'll get a bumper sticker when I'm there this time.

Don't know the Wooz. I've heard of the Mystery Spot, but never been there. Maybe I'll get a bumper sticker when I'm there this time.

The Wooz was a huge maze where you have to run through and get stamps from the four towers and get to the end to win. We usually went with a church youth group, and had teams act like hooligans.

The Mystery Spot was awesome. I still have pics of when I was a kid, walking straight up a level wall. Very cool.

Archived