Used machine pricing

I need some help from knowledgeable people on this board. There is a local man with a BC10 drink machine that was refurbished in 2009 (I don't know the original year of manufacture) and an HR32 that was purchased new in 2010. What do you think is a reasonable price for these machines? He bought a whole bunch of equipment (frozen food, cold food, drink, snack, etc.) for an office break room and isn't making any money. He said he wants $5200 for the pair of BC10 drink machine and HR32 snack machine. I think this is way too high, but I don't know what the right price should be. What is a reasonable amount to offer?

USI equipment does not have the best resale value because most of the big operators don't use this brand. The Wittern folks design and market their equipment to the owner operator market. As with anything there are pros and cons, I have had and still continue to use quite a bit of USI equipment and these two models of machines are pretty decent. The only drawback to the BC10 is that it can ONLY vend cans.

Depending on their condition I would be willing to offer around 2K

USI equipment does not have the best resale value because most of the big operators don't use this brand. The Wittern folks design and market their equipment to the owner operator market. As with anything there are pros and cons, I have had and still continue to use quite a bit of USI equipment and these two models of machines are pretty decent. The only drawback to the BC10 is that it can ONLY vend cans.

Depending on their condition I would be willing to offer around 2K

The BC-10 can vend cans AND bottles, hence BC/CB. The CD-10 can only vend cans as it is the Canned-Drink model. The BC-10 is also known as the BC-500 (or CB-500). Just make absolutely certain it is a BC-10. The easiest way to tell is due to the live display. If it has no live display and is quite wide, it is a CD-10.

If it is a HR-32 and a BC-10(CB-500), I would give $2,000 without any gripe as long as everything worked. I would probably go up to $2,250 if the equipment is less than 4 years old.

The age of the equipment is less of a factor to me compared to the condition. If it is perfect condition, I would offer $1,400 for the snack. The soda... probably $1,000-$1,200. It doesn't change what I would offer much... but again, this is if everything works. All it takes is a faulty coin-mech, a failed motor, not cooling properly, etc.... and the price plummets due to expensive parts.

The BC-10 can vend cans AND bottles, hence BC/CB. The CD-10 can only vend cans as it is the Canned-Drink model. The BC-10 is also known as the BC-500 (or CB-500). Just make absolutely certain it is a BC-10. The easiest way to tell is due to the live display. If it has no live display and is quite wide, it is a CD-10.

If it is a HR-32 and a BC-10(CB-500), I would give $2,000 without any gripe as long as everything worked. I would probably go up to $2,250 if the equipment is less than 4 years old.

Your right, I was thinking CD, that's what happens when you start typing without really reading the question. ;D

Archived